Dragonmeet - First Preview of Victory at Sea 2.0

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Late breaking news - tomorrow, we will be previewing, for the very first time, Victory at Sea 2.0. The delectable Amy will be running participation games of the Battle of the River Plate!

StormforceX said:
At last! VaS 2.0, the great god Neptune has heard my prayers!

Don't get too excited - being able to showcase the core rules and the Battle of the River Plate is a _long_ way from a printed rulebook!

However,things are certanly progressing.

I'll post some pictures later. I was lucky enough to play a game with Amy on Saturday. Seemed to play a lot quicker than I remembered. And the minis look nice.

I'm not sure I can give you as technical an answer as you're looking for. I've played VaS 1 a couple of times only. I jumped into the Dragonmeet demo and was not aware that the game I was playing was v2.0. The ship sheets looked pretty similar to those I remember. All I can say is that the game played quicker than I remember. This may be because Amy knew the rules better than I did, or it may be because the rules are slightly quicker in play. One play aid Amy had which seemed useful was a summary sheet for how range affects the number of AD for each weapon system. This may be an unofficial MI aid or it may be a chart from the new book. Either way, we played out the engagement in well under thirty minutes. I will try and get those promised pictures posted later today.

Ok, some pictures. Sorry they're large but haven't time to resize yet.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Demo in progress

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

The forces

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

The ship sheet

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Graf Spee

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Initial setup for the Brits

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

New resin ships on the trade stand

For some reason I had Bismarck on the brain. Obviously it's Graf Spee as the scenario was Battle Of The River Plate :oops:
I've now hidden my shame by updating the text under the picture.

Time related to the battle. This is a small battle, with some good dice rolling it could be over quite quickly. But with defensive players keeping at range and posible bad die rolls as such this will quickly slow down a game also.

AdmiralGrafSpee said:
Cool. Got a shot of the Graf Spee's stats?

Cool yes. Unless allowed I cant release that secret info until approved, so Matt we will leave this up to you.
Since the British are exposed can the Graf Spee's stats be exposed.

Noticed that the crew stat has been removed. A good thing in my opinion. I already play my games without keeping track of crew losses. It speeds up things.

Also the integration of the DD adjustments into the statline seems to be an improvement.

Really hope to see some previews of the new rules soon. Since the game seems to be playable just fine with the new stats shown on the picture, would it be possible to post the stats of each ship in the boxed sets when they come out?

If the things discussed happens there will either be ship cards or the info will be downloadable after purchase of the game.

I'd happily buy PDFs with ship reference cards for playing, much like what has been done for ACTA-SF.

Hey Matt, any chance we can see the stats for Graf Spee?

Also, I noticed that there are no "point values" listed on the British ships. I assume it wasn't necessary as this is a historical scenario, but are you still going to do point values for all the ships? I hope you will, as that was one problem our group had with VAS 1.0.

Back