Dragonfire Produces Traveler Space Ships

Gruffty the Hiver's picture of the floorplans in use:
DSCF1581.JPG

........stares.

Oh my gosh - that is so........

...........Cooooooool.

must ......consider......must consider.......must have.......

captainjack23 said:
........stares.

Oh my gosh - that is so........

...........Cooooooool.

must ......consider......must consider.......must have.......

Dude, just have one of you Slav.... I Mean.... PLayers do one up in Lego for ya. (To quote back at you; "They ain't good enough for miniatures...)

Oh and they will do it in 15mm...

lastbesthope said:
Can you use dry wipe or water soluble markers on these boards and wipe off when you're done?

LBH

I think if its the greyish hard plastic I've seen for a brand of "d20 dungeon tiles" then a dry type marker works well.

Mike

qstor said:
lastbesthope said:
Can you use dry wipe or water soluble markers on these boards and wipe off when you're done?

LBH

I think if its the greyish hard plastic I've seen for a brand of "d20 dungeon tiles" then a dry type marker works well.

Mike

Those boards for D20 suck to roll dice on, by the way. No bounce to speak of. Always leave some tabletop open to roll on.

Paladin said:
Gruffty the Hiver's picture of the floorplans in use:

I took me a couple of centons to figure out that those were the old B5 character minis. Awewsome! Does Gruffty plan on putting out his BF EVO rules for B5... or is this something that Mongoose has planned for the future? (Imagine GROPOS the way it was meant to be played: With 25mm figs and not 10mm tanks.)

Mark A. Siefert said:
(Imagine GROPOS the way it was meant to be played: With 25mm figs and not 10mm tanks.)

No thanks, I like my firing tanks and their targets to be in the same room of the house when I play. There's actually a chance of that at 10mm.

Mark A. Siefert said:
I took me a couple of centons to figure out that those were the old B5 character minis. Awewsome! Does Gruffty plan on putting out his BF EVO rules for B5... or is this something that Mongoose has planned for the future?

Speaking of mixed up minis. This is OT but I thought it was funny.

http://www.gocomics.com/foxtrot/2008/10/12/

Mike

they might end up being less expensive as well since they're smaller and you could probably fit more than one to a 24x24 sheet. Either way, I might check into one of those "custom" pieces if I ever get into the serenity RPG...

Chernobyl said:
they might end up being less expensive as well since they're smaller and you could probably fit more than one to a 24x24 sheet. Either way, I might check into one of those "custom" pieces if I ever get into the serenity RPG...

I think Loren W. has some .pdf plans for the modular cutter.

Mike

Just my two cents but I think some high quality transparent deck plans would be appealing to most players and referees. Even if such were some sort of semi-rigid laminated material with said designs 'sandwiched' in between I could find use for that in my Traveller games.

To me if one had transparent 'X-rays' available of starships then simply placing such over full color graphics (laid below) would offer many different opportunities in game play and the option of customizing interiors as needed to said vessels.

I'm still a fan of the FASA Adventure Class Ships series as well as Merchant Class Ships and the Aslan set, all of which have served me well over the years. A set of ships presented as X-rays would be equally welcome.

I just can't get over how good that looks. I have been very busy recently working on some other projects, and just got time to look at the board again.

Again WOW!! I hope you had a good time playing on it.

And yes, I have tried dry erase markers, and they come off fine. Even if I leave the marks on for hours. Wet erase, you can take off immediately, but it will become permanent if you leave it on for several hours.

Finally, I am starting to work on the mercenary ship now. If I can get everything to work out right, I am hoping (crossing fingers) that I can get it to be three dimensional so that you can have the layers above and below each other. No promises, but I will try, and then get you guys the photos.

Lucas

Dragonfire said:
I just can't get over how good that looks. I have been very busy recently working on some other projects, and just got time to look at the board again.

Again WOW!! I hope you had a good time playing on it.

And yes, I have tried dry erase markers, and they come off fine. Even if I leave the marks on for hours. Wet erase, you can take off immediately, but it will become permanent if you leave it on for several hours.

Finally, I am starting to work on the mercenary ship now. If I can get everything to work out right, I am hoping (crossing fingers) that I can get it to be three dimensional so that you can have the layers above and below each other. No promises, but I will try, and then get you guys the photos.

Lucas

Any chance you folks will be a Pentacon (in Fort Wayne, IN) or have someone carrying the product at Pentacon?

Back