Does anyone play on Vassal?

Zarash

Mongoose
I would be willing to play some games on vassal if anyone is interested. I am not used to the controls there yet, but I can learn :) I am usually availiable around 10:30 am Eastern time to 2pm Monday to Friday. Tuesdays and Thursdays being the best days for me. Weekends would be variable. If anyone would be interested let me know by posting.

Sorry for the double post, but there is none interested in playing B5 on Vassal? Is the Vassal module for this game broken or something?

Zarash said:
Sorry for the double post, but there is none interested in playing B5 on Vassal? Is the Vassal module for this game broken or something?

I could be interested provided times are suitable. What time zone you live in? I'm at London time+2 hours. Mostly available during weekends(particulary saturday morning/sunday evening finnish time).

London time pluss 2 hours would be 7 hours ahead of me. I am in the Eastern time zone. Saturday morning may not be good. I would have to get up at 4am, and it would be 11 am to you. Sunday could be good. At 11am here it would be 6pm where you live.

Also I do have Teamspeak, and Ventrillo. I can download Skype if needed.

Zarash said:
London time pluss 2 hours would be 7 hours ahead of me. I am in the Eastern time zone. Saturday morning may not be good. I would have to get up at 4am, and it would be 11 am to you. Sunday could be good. At 11am here it would be 6pm where you live.

Also I do have Teamspeak, and Ventrillo. I can download Skype if needed.

Sounds like sunday's are our best bet then. Obviously you won't want to wake up 4AM for game :D But for me saturday's after 2PM are not much of a good unless it's around 11PM...

Don't have teamspeak but don't see why I couldn't install it if need be.

This weekend probably bad idea. I need to refresh myself on the rules! But next week?

Also you have preferences on fleets you want? Would be kinda duh if both want to play same fleets :D I'm up for about anything barring the league so you can play whatever suits you.

I have Vree miniatures, and I just bought some Narn. I will have to try to find out if I can look into a free server for Ventrillo or teamspeak for us to play. Skype may be an option as well I will look there also about a free server. It would be easier if we could talk back and forth between turns. If I can't find a free server then we can always type.

I got on earlier yesterday to try to understand the controls on Vassel. I may spend a few minutes here and there each day messing with it so I won't be completly lost. Have you ever played a game on it before? I have played other games, but not this one on it. The counters are really small if you have it zoomed out alot.

Saturdays after 4 pm for me is good if you like staying up late. It will be only 4pm my time, but 11pm your time.

This Saturday or Sunday is not good for me either. Saturday I have to put in laminate flooring in my kids room, and Sunday I have a Baptism to go to and my nephews birthday party afterwards.

We can try for the Sunday after this then, unless your wanting to play late Saturday night.

We can play a small game starting, maybe like a 5 pt skirmish, 3 pt raid or something like that, then play a larger game later. It will give us both some practice getting familiar with things.

Zarash said:
I have Vree miniatures, and I just bought some Narn. I will have to try to find out if I can look into a free server for Ventrillo or teamspeak for us to play. Skype may be an option as well I will look there also about a free server. It would be easier if we could talk back and forth between turns. If I can't find a free server then we can always type.

Hum. Where you need free server with skype though? Just add each other to contact list and call :)

Fair warning though. I'm not native English speaker so my accent is...Well let's just say horrible ;) Don't worry about insulting me by asking to repeat more clearly if you didn't get what I said :)

Have you ever played a game on it before? I have played other games, but not this one on it. The counters are really small if you have it zoomed out alot.

Used to play quite a lot. Actually like 99% of my ACTA games of any variety have BEEN with vassal...

We can play a small game starting, maybe like a 5 pt skirmish, 3 pt raid or something like that, then play a larger game later. It will give us both some practice getting familiar with things.

Sounds like a plan :)

Sooo...If you have Narn figs maybe you would like to try the Narns in vassal so then for me blindingly obvious choice would be the might of the Centauri Republic! Can't get more classic than that! Well okay EA vs Minbari is also pretty good one.

I never messed with Skype before. Calling each other? Its not like a chat program how Vent or Teamspeak is?

Zarash said:
I never messed with Skype before. Calling each other? Its not like a chat program how Vent or Teamspeak is?

Ah well since vassal has built-in chatroom I thought you wanted to speak each other. But you can chat text messages in skype as well.

Yes I was meaning to speak to each other. It may be easier talking then typing. I guess I should say a speech program. Is skype a speech program like how ventrillo or teamspeak is?

Argh, why couldn't you have asked when I had time? I'm travelling for the next week, but I'd be happy to try a game on Vassal sometime. I haven't used it before.

I'm also on the East Coast.

Zarash said:
Yes I was meaning to speak to each other. It may be easier talking then typing. I guess I should say a speech program. Is skype a speech program like how ventrillo or teamspeak is?

Humhum. Skype allows to speak withy mic to each other. If that's what you refer with speech program then yes.

(no experience with ventrillo nor teamspeak)

nightshade said:
Argh, why couldn't you have asked when I had time? I'm travelling for the next week, but I'd be happy to try a game on Vassal sometime. I haven't used it before.

Well. There's time after you come from travelling :) Count me in for game or two as well if you are willing(and we can fit suitable time slot, time zone issues being what they are)

This Sunday will have to be after 3pm sometime. I have a church family dinner that I forgot that I have to help with. My wife just reminded me about it. I don't think that will probally work for you because it will be 10pm or after your time.

This will be anytime, and not a one time deal. Always avaliable in a week or 5 weeks. Just let me know here or pm me for avaliable times.

Zarash said:
This Sunday will have to be after 3pm sometime. I have a church family dinner that I forgot that I have to help with. My wife just reminded me about it. I don't think that will probally work for you because it will be 10pm or after your time.

Yeah that would be kinda bad time seeing I have to get up early next day :-/

Saturday around that time would be more agreeable. Or simply post-pone the game by a week.

I may be able to do the Saturday. It would be around 3pm my time 10pm yours. I will ask my wife and see if there is anything going on and post back.

Back