Denn'bok Mastery

EricRoss

Mongoose
I noticed something that has me puzzled. in the Feat description it says the this feat gives the user Ambidexterity and Two weapon fighting. I was under the impression that being based on D&D 3.5 not Star Wars that the Ambidexterity feat did not exist in Babylon 5. Am I mistaken?
Also would it be permissible for a member of the Anla'shok or a Devotee of Valen (with the Denn'bok training SQ and other prereqs) be able to take this feat, or is it limited to the Warrior Caste?

frobisher said:
EricRoss said:
I was under the impression that being based on D&D 3.5

The game is based off of 3.0.

It even says so on the back cover of every version (1st printing hardback, 2nd printing hardback, pocket version) of the main rulebook, requires 3rd edition Players handbook.

LBH
(Yes I do own all 3 of them)

3.0 & 3.5 are pretty similar. that still does not address the existance of Ambidexterity. It even has in the B5 pocket edition a list of feats from D&D that are not changed and ones that are changed or new (with said changes or new descriptions). The Ambidexterity feat is not listed anywhere. not on the list on page 59 of the pocket edition or any description listed from page 59-71, or even the chart listing all the feats for use in the game on pages 60-61. So I misread which version, big deal! You wanna tell me where in EITHER 3.0 or 3.5 that the Ambidexterity Feat is listed?

And I would also still like the answer to my qeustion as to whether or not a Ranger or Devotee of Valen that meets the other prerequisites cna take this feat, it is listed as a Warrior Caste feat but I remember a couple of instances in the T.V. show where Rangers were trained by Master Durhan.

I posted these questions here because I know that August does post here now and then and that he or someone else might be able to give me a constructive response to my question.

The Ambidexterity feat is listed in the first printing B5 rulebook on page 48 as a feat that is unchanged and it is on the list on p49.

In the 3.0 PHB the feat is on page 80. It was incorporated into Two Weapon fighting in 3.5, I believe.

Then can I assume that the Ambidexterity feat would exist in B5?

And What do you think of the second part of my question? Should Rangers and Devotees of Valen be able to take Denn'bok Mastery?

EricRoss said:
And What do you think of the second part of my question? Should Rangers and Devotees of Valen be able to take Denn'bok Mastery?

I would say so, yes. If you look carefully at the prerequisites for Denn'Bok Mastery. Although it is in the Warrior Caste section it does not list Warrior Caste in the prerequisites for the feat. All other feats in the Warrior Caste section, except Ventar Master, list Warrior caste as a prerequisite. As such I would not say you need to be Warrior Caste to take these 2 feats.

LBH

thank you. all I have access to at the moment are D&D3.5 feats rules, are the Ambidexterity/Two Weapon Fighting feats basically the same in 3.0 as they are in Star Wars RCR?

EricRoss said:
thank you. all I have access to at the moment are D&D3.5 feats rules, are the Ambidexterity/Two Weapon Fighting feats basically the same in 3.0 as they are in Star Wars RCR?

This might help :)
http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd/srdfeats.rtf

Since the B5 game is based on 3.0 rules as opposed to 3.5, Ambidexterity does exist in the B5 game. I would say that Denn'bok Master could be taken by a non-Warrior Caste Minbari; as mentioned it does not have a caste limitation in its listing.

Sorry for the delay; things are very busy at the Casa de Hahn right now...

-August

Mongoose August said:
I would say that Denn'bok Master could be taken by a non-Warrior Caste Minbari; as mentioned it does not have a caste limitation in its listing.

I love it when I'm right.

Hope things aren't too hectoc for you August. How's the knee doing?

LBH

The knee is just fine; thanks. It's healed up as good as new. And yes, things are very hectic here. Somehow I will get through it all... somehow... :)

-August

Mongoose August said:
The knee is just fine; thanks. It's healed up as good as new. And yes, things are very hectic here. Somehow I will get through it all... somehow... :)

-August

Glad to hear it, remeber "Faith Manages!"

Love your sig August :lol:

LBH

Back