Cybernet multiclassing...

Just a quick question about multiclassing. One of my players, a jacker, wants to take level of a different class, soldier. I think I gor it pretty much under control, except for the feats.

Does multiclassing get you all the feats? As in the above example, would my player suddenly out of nowhere receive the pers. firearms prof., heavy weap. prof., armour and armour (light) prof.?

Wouldn't that be cheating a bit? I mean if this is the case, the only sane thign to do would be multiclassing as fast as possible to get a lot of free feats.

Oh yeah, and the fact that base defence stacks seems odd as well. Again fast multiclassing would give a character a base defence of +6 at sixth level ( if one would take a level of each class), which is considerably higher than even the soldier's base defence (which is +4 at sixth level).

Can anyone clarify?

- Sonny

Just like in DnD you get all of the class features and you base saves, BAB, REP, and defense stack.The only exception in Cybernet is that you don't get the unique ability of the class(es) that you multiclass into. It's like a wizard who takes a level in fighter and suddenly has prof with all weapons and armor.

If you think this is too easy then require them to get training or give them a XP hit for a set amount of time or until they level again. You could also, for base classes, require them to have X amount of ranks in one or two skills that pertain to the class they want to multiclass into.

HTH,
Socket

Thanks.

But it still irritates me! This way you can make a Clark Kent character with loads of free feats and all. I'm wondering if there is any advantage at all in not multiclassing six times (well ok, maybe less if you like...) and getting it all for free!?

- Sonny

Well, here are two good reasons not to multiclass like that:

1) You end up with a base attack of +2.

2) Many of the basic feats provided by doing this would simply overlap, making them effectively occur again.

-August

... ok boss. Seems you're right. I guess I'm just a bit pissed that one of my players saw the possibilities before I did... :wink:

Guess I'll just make him pay for that. :twisted:

Thanks.

sonny sixshooter said:
... Guess I'll just make him pay for that. :twisted:

Thanks.

That's right:) The great thing about a modern RPG is that guns are the great equalizer....even that 20th level soldier/merc could get fragged out by a low level nothing ....and if the guns don't work there's always explosives, rocket launchers, grenades, remote operated wrecking balls .....

socket

sonny sixshooter said:
, pianos falling from ninety story buildings and what have you.

Why stop there??
I'd have a six pound bowling ball fall off a 90 story building :)

Or a 20 pound lead weight.

Slingbld~

Free Cyberware with built in Cortex Bombs, or Nerve Toxin works well. That way you can put all those munchin's to work for a company in the Black ops section. They will be running all those, no one will make it back alive missions.

hobgoblin said:
what happens with edge dice when one multiclasses? do i just add the dice number up and apply the highest dice type?

IIRC, the advanced classes stack with your regular classes because the advanced classes don't have die types. On the other hand, if you multiclass with two fo the regular classes then your edge dice no not stack unless they are of the same type as your original class.

HTH,

Socket

hobgoblin said:
so basicly i can risk haveing 2d4 and 1d6 of edge dice? kinda messy from a bookkeeping standpoint if you ask me :)

I think you lose the edge dice of the class that doesn't have the same die type as your oringal class, I don't think you gain both. I'll have to look that up to be sure though.

hobgoblin said:
ok, but i cant recall seeing anything about that in the edge dice pdf or the book itself...

I hate rush hour traffic...I just got home and dug out my Cybernet book...
on page 47 under "How Multiclassing Works" this is what the book says..

"Edge Dice only change if the dice listed for the new class are the same type as the character's current edge dice and are more numerous. Thus, from an edge dice point of view, it is more advantageious to choose one career and stick with it rather than mix and match classes for different abilities. Multiclassing with Advanced classes works differently"

Socket

hobgoblin said:
ah f***, i missed the section in the upper right corner, wonder why. sorry for bothering you all :)
Not a bother man. We all miss things, I even missed that little tid bit at first, besides it is still more vague than I would like it and I have my own quesitons about the edge dice that seem unanswered. I'll post those after I think about them some more:)

Cheers,

Socket

Back