Cursed earth...

Tyrant

Mongoose
Just out of curiousity; are there plans for a cursed earth book at all?
I suspect that it would be a well received product by Dread fans.

Also, on the off chance that a fellow Canuck sees this, does anyone know where I can get 2000 AD? The one store in the city that had it has gone belly up. Can I get a subscription to it? Do they ship to North America?

I don't even know if there's a website for the publisher...

Tyrant said:
Also, on the off chance that a fellow Canuck sees this, does anyone know where I can get 2000 AD? The one store in the city that had it has gone belly up. Can I get a subscription to it? Do they ship to North America?

I don't even know if there's a website for the publisher...

Yep, Rebellion have a website at http://www.2000adonline.com/ and they also do subscriptions to anywhere in the world. Click on the 'Subscribe' tab of the Website.

Look out for a 'Cursed Earth' PDF for the 'Drokk City' JDRPG system later in 2004... an unofficial JDRPG naturally.

http://www.btinternet.com/~john.caliber/

Tyrant said:
Also, on the off chance that a fellow Canuck sees this, does anyone know where I can get 2000 AD?
Doing a search on Amazon.ca, I found 145 results for books on Judge Dredd, although some are out of print... Many have 15% to 30% off and you would save on shipping if you buy for more than 39$ CAN

I also think that Cursed Earth material is much needed. As John said above, he is working on the Drokk City stuff which could be a good source of info, though we'd probably need to convert it to d20 before we could use it.

Mongoose, any chance of a Cursed Earth book in the next year or two?

Arabin

Arabin said:
I also think that Cursed Earth material is much needed. As John said above, he is working on the Drokk City stuff which could be a good source of info, though we'd probably need to convert it to d20 before we could use it.

Mongoose, any chance of a Cursed Earth book in the next year or two?

Arabin

Hi Arabin,
My friend Gary Robinson has almost finished his proposal for a planned Cursed Earth Survival book for Mongoose, of course this is only a proposal but if it gets the greenlight will include cults, mutants, new prestige classes, background and much more!

Marc

Thanks for the update Mark. I really hope that the proposal is accepted... and actually produced. I hope it will include items like the cloak (shroud) made of ring pulls that the Trash King wore... the cursed earth is a truly crazy place to be... even crazier than the Big Meg itself!

If you do get accepted, and need help with proof-reading or playtesting, let me know.

Arabin

Arabin said:
I hope it will include items like the cloak (shroud) made of ring pulls that the Trash King wore... the cursed earth is a truly crazy place to be... even crazier than the Big Meg itself!Arabin

Although his priceless cloak made of ring pull tabs doesn't appear, there's a Prestige Class based on Filmore Faro in the Rookie's Guide to the Undercity!

Not had your birthday yet then, Arabin? :D

Grimalkin said:
Although his priceless cloak made of ring pull tabs doesn't appear, there's a Prestige Class based on Filmore Faro in the Rookie's Guide to the Undercity!

Not had your birthday yet then, Arabin? :D

Not yet, two more weeks to go. You just bumped the RG: Undercity up on my wish list though. Fingers crossed, I'll get the gifts I want and not 10 thousands pairs of socks or something (exaggeration if you are wondering).

Arabin

Still not got my copy of Undercity yet *sniffs* got to wait till I can get me paws on it to do a review :)

Marc the undercityless

Arabin my friend got to state here that it isnt me who is doing the proposal for Cursed Earth but a fellow freelancer Gary Robinson, if it was me I would be in my Sunday best down on one knee with my arm extended right now :)

I have only seen a few things that Gary plans on and they look great but we will of course have to wait and see, but on the other hand if anyone wants to bug the 'goose' about Luna-1 I have a good idea exactly what will be in that lol!

Marc

For me there is but one thing the Cursed Earth brings back into my memory.... The Gila Munja Assassins... which I think are stated in the main book.... :twisted:

Oh and the Dead Man story... Sisters of Death.. :shock:

Burger Wars (abiet censored under corporate pressure)!

Oh no I fear my pants will once more be victims of the mongoose rumours.... :cry:

But I must admit I was suprised that a Cursed Earth Guide book wasn't one of the first suppliments, well before the excellent Brit City.
:?

Cursed Earth is definitatley one of the most needed books as there is so much that goes on out there. If the book is done right, it could keep us gaming for a long while on it's own.

I just finished reading the complete Judge Child GN again and was in fits of laughter over some of the things they run into in space. Combine that with The Angel Gang GN which comes later and you have some amazing stories in both the cursed earth and in space. Hopefully, both of the books will have their contents converted to sourcebook form in the near future.

Marc, would your Luna 1 book just cover Luna 1 itself and the flying lawmasters, or would it also cover other things that you might run in to out in the depths of space?

Arabin

Arabin said:
Marc, would your Luna 1 book just cover Luna 1 itself and the flying lawmasters, or would it also cover other things that you might run in to out in the depths of space?

Arabin

Hi Arabin,
Luna-1 covers not only the city itself and its people, depuities, marshals, claim jumpers, landwars, land races, and much, much more. It will (if it ever sees the light of day) cover the full history of Luna-1 charting mans first steps into the universe too the birth and rise of the station itself, written in much the same way as Atlantis and containing around another 30 new prestige classes and 20 prior lives.

Luna-1 will also cover the inner colonies such as Mars and take a look at the Space Corp and much more, giving the player and GM alike a wealth of information drawn from both the comics long history and my own imagination. Everything from crazes and pastimes to life in a luna prison would be covered.

Currently the project is just a labour of love but if Ian deems it viable for acceptance it could fill a window in the schedule very easily and at 128 pages would join Atlantis and Brit-Cit as one fo the ultmiate city guides!

Marc

Sounds superb Marc. The future looks bright for Judge Dredd... I just hope Mongoose publish these two books. They have guaranteed sales of 1 in the US... lol. If only my single purchase of each book helped with getting more published. I'm have two copies of the corebook so I have a spare to loan one of my players who does not have his own yet... but I'll convince him soon.

Thanks for the juicy info, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help get these published.

Arabin

I couldn't wait any longer, I went out and bought RG: Undercity today. It looks really good so far, and I'm going to enjoy spending some time reading every word. There is a lot of good info in here though.

Arabin

Arabin said:
I couldn't wait any longer, I went out and bought RG: Undercity today. It looks really good so far, and I'm going to enjoy spending some time reading every word. There is a lot of good info in here though.

Arabin

Great, Arabin - let me know what you think of it!

Back