Cults of Glorantha Errata

ledpup said:
I'm also confused about the maximum magnitude allowed for draconic spells based on rank.

Having read a few more draconic cult entries, some that specifically address the magnitude restriction, I think I can assume that unless I see a cult that says otherwise, the max magnitide are those stated above.

Nope, Laughter is in the core book, you may be thinking of the Avalon Hill Version of RQ which had Group Laughter as one of Eurmal's delightful repertoire.

Any idea when the Fixes will be ready?

Titus said:
Loz,
How do you want us to pass along issues with the book?
Are you going to have this made a "sticky" thread as you mentioned in the Cults of Glorantha thread?

For now, here is one (or three):
The Humakt the Claw, Humakt and Odayla cults' gifts lists are missing the number of compulsions associated with the gift. The Yelmalio cult does list the number of compulsions for each gift. The Yelmalio gift list is in the form of a table because they are randomized. The others are just a list to be selected from.

I don't know if this was ever answered but the actual figures are in the final playtest document: looks like the layout artist overlooked them. The numbers are the same for all three except Odayla doesn't get sense assassin naturally.

Gift Geases
Increase any one Combat Style by 10% 1
Gain 1 Combat Action 3
Increase Strike Rank by 1D3 2
Increase any one Cult Skill by 10% 2
Increase one from STR, CON or DEX by 1 point 2
Increase one from POW, SIZ or INT by 1 point 3
Gain the Sense Assassin ability, or increase it by 25% 2

Regarding Wind Mastery, this looks atrociously powerful.

Starting characters can be casting Rank 7 divine spells (see the end of this thread. With light air movement that's means, using Wind Mastery RAW, they can summon a hurricane and level the land around them.

Has anyone house-ruled this? I suppose something like:
- 1 step altered on the wind chart for 2 points of Magnitude instead of 1
- You can only increase the wind up to your Magnitude (e.g. Mag 7 can increase to Step 7 max)
- A cap based on Rank (Initiates can control up to Rank 5 winds, Acolytes Rank 6 etc.)
- Not directly related to this spell, but limiting starting Pact scores somehow (e.g. can't spend freebie points on Pact, can't use the +10/+20 from linking backgrounds on Pact..).

I can't see that Mongoose would be particularly interested in releasing an errata for a supplement that they can no longer support.

soltakss said:
I can't see that Mongoose would be particularly interested in releasing an errata for a supplement that they can no longer support.

Yes, I know. I was trying to make sure I'd gotten all the errata for their books that I have bought. I couldn't find any for this on my PC and I didn't see any errata on the product page. In fact I don't see any links to errata for the RQ 2 Core Rulebook either and I know there was some for it because I have it.

Has the errata for Mongoose products gone to some new location on the new web site? If so, I haven't found it yet

If anyone has any errata for Age of Treason I'd be happy to put them in the companion book as an appendix. I'm expecting final delivery to layout after editing at the end of Feb, so I can accept any info until then

Back