Cults of Glorantha Errata

gran_orco said:
Harshlax said:
Another question, is there a reason why Chalana Arroy has lost access to Ressurect? It was one of her defining powers, and a core part of her Lightbringer presence and role.
Good question. Is it a mistake?

Yes it is.

Hi,

Loz and I discussed this the other day, the cults of Uvairanus, Buserian and Saggitus should all have the Fire Rune and not the Air Rune. Fire in this respect represent Sky, especially for Buserian.

Simon

This may be more a matter of personal preference, but it seems odd that only Orlanth Dragonbreaker gets Lightning Strike. I would think that Thunderous at least would also have access, particularly considering that Vinga also has it.

There was also no sign of the classic 3rd age compulsion on Issaries Priests of having to take Hyena skins into the Wastes to reconstruct Genert's body.

One other thing - where does the Depression compulsion for Hedkoranth and Gustbran come from?

I'm not sure if this is errata, an omission, or I'm just confused:

In HeroQuesting, page 13, step 2, it says that the lead HeroQuester takes into account all bonuses or penalties to his magical skill & makes an opposed roll against the Myth's Mythic Resonance.

In the example on page 14, it appears that the lead HeroQuester takes his magical skill (80%) and subtracts the Mythic Resonance (50%) to get a "...chance to enter the HeroQuest...[of] 30%"

I don't see other modifiers there, so:
* Is the Mythic Resonance subtracted to check entry (if so, that is not explicit anywhere)
* If the Mythic Resonance is subtracted, is there still an opposed check?
* If the Mythic Resonance is subtracted, is it subtracted throughout the HeroQuest, or just at entry?

Thanks! It's nice to see a codified HeroQuest system in the rules.

Steve

In the example on page 14, it appears that the lead HeroQuester takes his magical skill (80%) and subtracts the Mythic Resonance (50%) to get a "...chance to enter the HeroQuest...[of] 30%"

No, this is incorrect. Its a straightforward opposed roll (with the stipulated modifiers) against Mythic Resonance.

I toyed with subtracting the MR from the magic skill but that created several inconsistencies. I thought I'd eradicated all references to it. One for the errata.

-Why are there spells in the cult descriptions that do not appear in the magic chapter of the page 16?
-Magasta has the summon (monster) spell, but not command (monster). Is it intentional?
-There are many spells in "glorantha the second age" that are not available in the cults of glorantha. How can a character learn those spells (I did this question in another thread -draconic spells-)?

Humakt has the divine spell Oath of Ordeal listed
I cant see the description
Various Orlanth cults have the common magic spell shield listed
Is this the same as countermagice shield

There are some cults that have less than 5 skills listed in the cult skills (like Beast Spirit Cult or Daka Fal). If a member wants to be a pious member he must know five of the cult skills of at least 30%.
How can we solve this problem? Should he learn only 3 skills if the cult teach 3 skills, or what must we do?

I have noticed that Storm Bull gets Cure Chaos Wound from Chalana Arroy, but Chalana Arroy doesn't appear to give that to her own worshipers. The spell has no description.

Hi Loz,

Not necessarily an errata but more why the omission of rules for HeroQuest Challenges as outlined in Moon Design's Sartar book. I thought that God Learners in particular would be big into one-to-one face offs (being power crazy guys), or is this only a Third Age thing?

Cheers

Jon

Just out of curiousity, will we be seeing any answers to the questions/issues posted so far?

This thread is three weeks old, but Loz hasn't posted in over a week, and there seem to be a lot of unanswered questions.

Thanks...
Daggan

I do not know if it is an errata or not, but Ernalda the Scale, Humakt the Claw and the Path of Enigmatic Configurations do not have a myth resonance value.

Daggan said:
Just out of curiousity, will we be seeing any answers to the questions/issues posted so far?

This thread is three weeks old, but Loz hasn't posted in over a week, and there seem to be a lot of unanswered questions.

Thanks...
Daggan
I don't expect every issue to be answered in the thread, but I expect that someone is compiling errata to be issued as a PDF. I think it's important that an errata be complete, I wouldn't want to see several different versions of an errata document issued week after week. I hope it doesn't take as long as Lankhmar has taken though!

Where spells exist in the Cults book and the Race book with the same name, but different effect/description.
Which is correct/takes preference?
Or are these distinct spells?

ie.
Comfort Song
Slight variation in effect descriptions.

Face Chaos
Stormbill's version is distinctly nasty:

Stormbull's version
Is limited to Acolytes with no resistance
Single target who must be a Lay Members of the Storm Bull cult.

Stormbill's version
Is limited to Initiate and has Resistance Persistence.
Affects every one in a magnitude m radius

Eloquence
Cults version has Evaluate as a skill, Duck version has Courtesy.

Heat Metal
Minor variations

Path Finder
Variation in area of effect between Duck and Cult version.

Snow
Uz version doesn't require percipitation.
Extra stuff concerning perception in Uz version.

Sumon Moot
Variation in area of effect in Duck version.

True Speak
Duck and Cults version vary.

For all the little niggles, RQII does feel a lot more solid than the previous incarnation.
Its a shame that a culture book couldn't have been done- similar to the races book, 2-3 cultures handled, it would make character generation easier to have background and cults in one place.
When are we getting Cults2 and the Next Races Book?

Exubae said:
Where spells exist in the Cults book and the Race book with the same name, but different effect/description.
Which is correct/takes preference?
Or are these distinct spells?
They were specifically tweaked to represent the race using them. However, there is nothing stopping you from using your preferred version for both human and non-human cults.

PhilHibbs said:
...I don't expect every issue to be answered in the thread, but I expect that someone is compiling errata to be issued as a PDF. I think it's important that an errata be complete, I wouldn't want to see several different versions of an errata document issued week after week. I hope it doesn't take as long as Lankhmar has taken though!
Necromatic Arts?

sdavies2720 said:
I hope it doesn't take as long as Lankhmar has taken though!
Necromatic Arts?
No thanks, I'm trying to give them up. Anyway, I don't see how using necromancy will help speed up the errata process, unless you know a dead copy-editor that could be raised to help.

Back