Cults of Glorantha Errata

I have found two more erratas:
-Slash (page 25, 198): the description says magnitude 2 progressive, despite the fact that it is a divine spell. It does not specify the minimum rank for learning it.
-Wind Mastery (page 28, 241): The rank has been omitted.

Another one: Erissa provides the Divine Magic spell "Restore Vision" to Elmal, but she doesn't have the spell, and there is no writeup of it. Similarly, there is no writeup of "Restore Mind"

Issaries the Cleft-Tongue provides the Divine Magic spells "Laughter" and "Meditate", and there is no writeup of them.

PhilHibbs said:
Another one: Erissa provides the Divine Magic spell "Restore Vision" to Elmal, but she doesn't have the spell...
It occurs to me that this might be deliberate, that a deity might provide a power to another, but not make it generally available to her own worshippers. Like, I might provide use of my lawnmower to my neighbour, but not have it available myself 'cos the jerk didn't give it back.

When I'm reading this thread I'm wondering whether it wouldn't be better and quickier to note what is not an errata :shock: :lol:

I need to receive a lesson from a general.

Do you excell as much in dead languages as you do in collateral damages?

p134 said:
The Inner Light of Irensaval is the Irensavalist Grimoire.
Only a single tome exists and this is in deep hiding but many
copies are available, written on scarps and fragments to avoid
detection and often disguised as insane ramblings.
If they're trying to hide it, it's pretty ballsy to carve its contents in the sloping ground at the foot of their fortifications! (scarps)

Its a category, so there's Attract (Air Rune), Attract (Beast Rune) and so on.

Zistor is powered by runes, so the Zistorites are keen to amass as much runic affinity as possible.

p5, Gloranthan Calendar:
"5 Seasons + Sacred Time = 1 Year (350 days)"
No, that should be 284 days. Unless Sacred Time is 70 days long in the Second Age. Did 56 days get destroyed by the Gift Carriers?

Minor Gloranthan Quibble

Should there be a cult of "Orlanth Rex"* at this point in the second age? I thought this cult was instigated by Alkoring to allow the "Rex" chieftan to control the priests? (or am I mis-remebering this?)

I'm sure I found a misplaced comma last night, I think in one of the Barbarian Myths, I'll have to try and remember to check again when I have Book and Computer in close proximity...

(*I'm quite happy that this is probably because it "fits" with old RQ material that listed Orlanth Rex as the leader aspect, and people would have queried if this book listed it as 'Orlanth Dar' - and for 99.9% of games it is pretty irrelevant what you call it anyway....)

I was in bit of a quandry on Orlanth Rex... technically Alakoring doesn't start to gain influence, which, as you say, led to Rex's development, until the 920s, after the fall of the EWF in Dara Happa, so I chose not to go into development of it in CoG.

Good spot on the comma, too. I'll sort it out. :wink:

The Humakt Cult in the Storm section has 'Lore (Humakt the Claw)', presumably this should just be 'Lore (Humakt)'.

Resist Disease from Xemelite Sisters adds +5% to Resilience. Should it be +5% for every 10% of the Grimoire skill?

Is there any news about the errata?

For the Asrelia cult, I can't find the spells summon/dismiss elemental (gnome).

I'm also confused about the maximum magnitude allowed for draconic spells based on rank. The core glorantha book sort of suggests something like:

Follower: 0
Believer: 4
Disciple: 8
High Lord: any

It's not clear though and it suggests elsewhere that it depends on the cult, though the cult book makes no mention of it.

Back