corrupting temptress

ferrinwulf

Mongoose
Running my game last night the temptress PC came up with an interesting idea. I have an NPC priestess in the party who is not exatcly world wise..the Temptress is taking her under her wing and teaching her the ways of the world. Innocent to start with ie massage points etc which the NPC is taking on board to use for her healing (she has 2 levels in healer class). But..the Temptress player is out to corrupt her slowly..I don't want to disallow this as it will make for an interesting side plot. However, what would be the consequences and does the Temptress disserve to have corruption points slapped on her if things go beyond the simple I will teach you the ways of the world?

Be careful how you define corruption in your campaign.

The core books define corruption as the result of contact with dark gods, demons and evil sourcerers (those with high corruption).
Some rulebooks extend corruption to amorale acts (e.g. Free Companies).

I personally prefer the pure (infernal) approach, else the (negative) implications of corruption as explained in the core books don't make to much sense.

Try the search function of the forum for several discussions on the topic corruption and it's different applications.

To your specific case, unless the temptress reveres dark gods or has a high corruption, her corruption of the priest is a totally different kind as the one mentioned and explained in the books.

She would have to do something really freaky to get that girl corrupted, under the Corruption rules. Such rules are more about corrupting one's soul, and eating away at their humanity. Corrupting her by telling her lies and half-truths might require a Bluff test. On the other hand, the Debaucher feat from Scrolls of Skelos allows a person to corrupt others with one's own sick, twisted fetishes. If you dont have that book, or you're not big on strict mechanics, you could have the NPC make a Corruption save, just by listening to the mind-warping stuff coming out the mouth of the twisted Temptress.

ferrinwulf said:
But..the Temptress player is out to corrupt her slowly..I don't want to disallow this as it will make for an interesting side plot. However, what would be the consequences and does the Temptress disserve to have corruption points slapped on her if things go beyond the simple I will teach you the ways of the world?

Only if she is getting the NPC involved in demons or if the Temptress has High Corruption already (or the Debaucher feat), as mentioned. Just teaching her to be cynical or mean or how to take advantage of folks isn't enough to force a Corruption save.

Thanks guys, that's why i'm finding it slightly difficult..how do you define corruption, yes demons, evil etc as the core book states but the Temptresses idea is to turn an innocent, naive virgin in to a sex starved wench..like she is . Do any of you think this would be an evil act (the way the player is playing the temptress she is very close to being evil anyway..but not there yet)? and if so do you think this would constitute the corruption roll for the shear evilness of her plan?

[[/quote]She would have to do something really freaky to get that girl corrupted, under the Corruption rules. Such rules are more about corrupting one's soul, and eating away at their humanity.
Does this sound as if she is corrupting her soul and taking some of her humanity?

I understand everyone's point here though, corruption is meant for demons and pure evil but I just thought it might be interesting to throw a corruption point in to get the player to think about what they are doing and see where they go with it, but it get be treading on dangerous ground I guess.

ferrinwulf said:
Thanks guys, that's why i'm finding it slightly difficult..how do you define corruption, yes demons, evil etc as the core book states but the Temptresses idea is to turn an innocent, naive virgin in to a sex starved wench..like she is . Do any of you think this would be an evil act (the way the player is playing the temptress she is very close to being evil anyway..but not there yet)? and if so do you think this would constitute the corruption roll for the shear evilness of her plan?

No. Being evil in and of itself does not invite corruption. You can be a complete evil jerk and burn people down in a church and not earn a single point of Corruption. The temptress can turn a virgin into a sexpot without threat to her soul. She is a 'temptress' remember?

Corruption does not happen because people are mean or evil to each other. Corruption happens when one is exposed to vast gulfs of true diabolism beyond the scope of anything remotely human.

ferrinwulf said:
Does this sound as if she is corrupting her soul and taking some of her humanity?

No. Being sexual, sexually active, or even promiscuous does not deprive anyone of humanity.

Losing one's innocence also does not pose a risk for Corruption, nor does causing someone to lose their innocence pose a risk for Corruption (most of the world would be corrupt if this were the case!). Being a role-model (even in a negative capacity) is also not the grounds for Corruption. Also, talking a girl into losing her virginity is not grounds for Corruption (otherwise, there would be a lot of corrupt boys out there...)

Thanks Vincent, clarification always helps. I shall run with it and let the Temptress do what she must, going to be a very interesting few weeks.

:)

If you have the Secrets of Skelos, reading the Debaucher feat will give you an idea about non-demonic corruption. Notice it still entails spell use and corruption points in the case of the "debaucher".

Temptress and her 'victim' however do risk losing their codes of honour if they have any and may compromise their faith in a particular religion.

VincentDarlage said:
Being sexual, sexually active, or even promiscuous does not deprive anyone of humanity.
Normally no, but you could - if you do it right! :twisted:
alex-de-large1%5B1%5D.jpg

Malcadon said:
VincentDarlage said:
Being sexual, sexually active, or even promiscuous does not deprive anyone of humanity.
Normally no, but you could - if you do it right! :twisted:

I am not sure what that means or who is in the picture. If you are meaning rape, rape is not sexuality - it is violence. If he is a particularly demonic soul and would qualify as having the debaucher feat, using sex to expose people to the darkest things imaginable, then sure.

Now that you mention it, I remember and must admit there is a gang-rape in the movie... it's part of a spread of senseless violence and the sexual aspect is rather unimportant to it (I guess that's why I forget about it).

The violence is very visual and so I understand your friends concerns, when you are easily troubled by such scenes.
But I would suggest you at least read a summary of the movie.
Nearly all of Kubricks movies are masterpieces one should have seen or know about them.

I said what I said as a joke. The picture I picked was the first deviant of the top of my head (I always liked his twisted smirk).

I like A Clockwork Orange. It a vary deep and intelligent work. Its full a strange contradictions - like the whole Singing in the Rain rape scenes, and how he was vilified, then sympathized when the treatment eat a part of his humanity. Much of the story explored the humanity of a sexual deviant, and what it is to be human. The works of Stanley Kubrick can be hard to understand on the suffice, but his meanings run deep.

I did not post what I post to be offensive, I just see life as contrast of positive and negative elements. Finding humor in rape is just an odd quark in my mindset.

Back