Confirmed April 11th Tourney in Aldershot

Sorry I couldn't make this one guys, something came up at the last minute that I couldn't get out of. Sounds like it was a good one :(

Well hope to see you at the next!

Just a quick report on my day...

Game 1 - vs Democratus
My fleet = Morgrath, Amar, 2 Darkner, 4 Haven
His fleet = Maximus, 2 Kutai, 3 Vorchan
Democratus (Daniel) made only one error in the game, he "All Powered" his squadron of three Vorchans right down the throat of my squadron of Amar, Darkners and Morgrath, in a turn that I had won the initiative... good rolling on my part resulted in two of the three ships destroyed! With two of his big hitters gone, it was then a case of mopping up... once again, sorry fella :oops:

Game 2 - vs Alex
My fleet = White Star, Liandra, Xeel, 2 Blue Star, 2 Ximm
His fleet = Balvarin, 4 Demos
Started out as planned, out-maneouvred his squadron of Demos with the White Star and destroyed one straight off. Things could've went either way after that, I lost the Blue Stars and the Liandra, Alex lost another Demos and the other two were not in great shape (1 was crippled)... but we ran out of time before I could finish them off :cry: totting up points - Alex gettng the bonus for having his Balvarin right next to the Rescue objective, resulted in a 13-7 win for the newest member of "Greg's Crew"

Game 3 - vs Greg
My fleet = 2 Hyperion, 2 Chronos, 4 Hermes
His fleet = Young Shadow Ship
Despite a marginal loss to Alex, I knew a good result in the last two games would still see me in with an shot... you can imagine my dismay when I saw my Assassination target :roll:
Despite being able to get both Chronos and Hyperions firing on the ancient in every turn, the Earthers just couldn't muster anywhere near enough firepower to trouble the Warship... after the loss of the 2nd Hyperion, I conceded :? :shock:

Game 4 - vs Digger
My fleet = Z'Trikk, 2 Xaak, 2 Xill, 2 Vaarl, Xeel, 2 Ximm
His fleet = Amu (carrying a War Cruiser and 4 Hvy Raiders), War Cruiser
Though Digger had selected crit protection on his ships instead of normal GEG, the ridiculous amount of SAP/TD/P missiles saw both his War ships go down by Turn 3 :twisted: The Raiders short range beams couldn't contend with the Vree's longer range turrets, and the Amu was deluged with fire from virtually my entire fleet.

Managed a 4th place despite losing 2 games, but thoroughly enjoyed the day... roll on the next one.

Sounds like fun was had by all - mistakes included :->. Dare I ask if anyone snapped any pics? It's always inspiring to see other's eye candy.
Aris K.

We have a core group of players still in the UK that regularly attend little local Tourneys.

Early on in the year we had one at Boughton House and we did have 2 of our German Friends turn up :D.

The one in Aldershot this weekend we had another International Player from the US :D.

We still regularly play the game. I cannot see our little group stop playing the game because Mongoose have stopped supporting it. We enjoy it too much :D.

I had a great time and was made to feel welcome by all. Thanks to everyone for trying to kill me. :)

I think I will start looking at some alternate Centauri ships as I was shown the awesomeness that is the Demos.

Now if only that volcano would let up, I could go home!

btw: I found the measuring tape that was loaned to me in my bag once I got home. To whom should I mail it?

Hi Democratus,

The measuring tape was mine, but no worries you can keep it.

Perhaps you can use it to measure the height of the ash cloud above the ground! :twisted:

Back