Concealed Weapon Feat

MadDog

Mongoose
Under the Concealed Weapon feat (Shadizar), its says (loosely paraphrased) that "you make a bluff check at +8 when concealing a small weapon on your person....."

When using this feat, you can deny the defender his DEX bonus.

THe question is, that if the defender cannot see the person using concealed weapon at the time of hiding the weapon, does he still get a spot check to avoid being denied his DEX bonus during combat ?

Mad Dog

Well the way i see it NO, since if he can´t see the guy how can he see that he is hiding a weapon?

If i remember this feat, this DEX penalty only works in the 1st attack you do with the previosly conceiled weapon right??

I think that it´s an attack that he is not expecting so he doesn´t prepare himself for it...

MadDog said:
Under the Concealed Weapon feat (Shadizar), its says (loosely paraphrased) that "you make a bluff check at +8 when concealing a small weapon on your person....."

When using this feat, you can deny the defender his DEX bonus.

THe question is, that if the defender cannot see the person using concealed weapon at the time of hiding the weapon, does he still get a spot check to avoid being denied his DEX bonus during combat ?

Mad Dog

Well I think it would be like using Sleight Of Hand to hide a weapon. People observing would have a chance to see the weapon. Even a well concealed weapon would most likely have a bulge somewhere.

Not knowing the full text of the feat makes it a bit hard to say for sure.

If i remember this feat, this DEX penalty only works in the 1st attack you do with the previosly conceiled weapon right??

Another question is, what happens if the concealer has a 2 weapon attack ? That would imply both weapons would deny the DEX bonus.

With no Spot for the defender, this is a quite devasating attack (2 weapons with sneak attack), not even requiring a feinting.

Mad Dog

the feat says that someone attempring to detect the weapon makes an opposed spot check vs the bluff check, so it would be up to the gm to determine who qualifies as attempting to detect the weapon. guards observing passersby could, since they are looking for suspicious people. the +8 bonus to bluff should make the opposed check hard to beat, given any decent thief will have a good bluff score.

then it says that if you appear to be unarmed (spot checks have failed if any) you can subsequently quick draw (a prerequisite) your concealed weapon, the target losses dex or str to defend, and you gain 1d6 for damage. the quick draw feat allows you to draw a concealed weapon as a move action, and the feat doesn't say you can draw the concealed weapon as a free action, so you only get to make one sneak attack that round.

finally it says the ability can be used once per enemy, as they quickly grow wise to your deception. so if you had a second concealed weapon you couldn't use it against the same guy, but if ther is someone else on range you could use it against that other target on the next round.

I read the blurb under Hidden Death for the Greater Telekineses spell. It would appear that the spell and the feat work similarly, and thus the Concealed Weapon feat requires the target to get a Sense Motive check.

Mad Dog

Back