Where would you prefer to game?

• OpenRPG as originally intended!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Message Board forum with weekly posts by GM

• Message Board forum with posts as often as the GM can do

• Total voters
I'm very interested, and I might even be able to do this. I used to run a D&D game in OpenRPG, and it's great. One of the players in that game and I have recently bought the Conan RPG book, and are looking for a game. This might be the way to go!

We're on the west coast, and I typically don't get home until 7 or so... That would be the problem. Is a weekend (Sunday?) possible? Play by post is also interesting.

I have an Argossean pirate that's my first experimental Conan character.

Well, I see three votes for a forum based game. I made a forum thread at the message board mentioned in an earlier post. Looks like due to time differences and odd work schedules this will be the best bet for now.

http://www.online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?p=63820#post63820

Still open to running it on OpenRPG again in the future should that work out, but I'll go with the message board game for now and see how it does.

At that message board site, no one there has expressed interest, but it looks like I got four possible players at least here. :)

I've had one concept and one full pc sent to me already, so I just need to get a least 2 more players. Open to most concepts, just remember this is primarily a land adventure so anyone wishing to play a pirate might want to tell me why you're in Zamora and its mountains.

Feel free to email me concepts, I'll check my mail after work.

"Ymir's frozen beard!"
Lando The Archmagi

Let me provide a differing view point. Board-base RP never really excited me, except as an augment to a table-top game. I find that the rapid feedback I get from face-to-face or real-time chat RP really helps me define and develope a character, and makes the story move in a much more exciting and cinematic way. Cast my vote for the Open RPG.

Bombatu

Don't get those of us wrong...we may prefer the real time stuff, but as fathers, husbands, commutors, managers (or all of the above) sometimes it's just not feasible...

Ark

Believe me, I understand - I'm a 40-yr-old working father of two. I was simply casting my preference for an Open RPG game vs a PbP.

Arkobla Conn said:
Bombatu

Don't get those of us wrong...we may prefer the real time stuff, but as fathers, husbands, commutors, managers (or all of the above) sometimes it's just not feasible...

Don't I know it, fit nearly all that. Looks like the online Pbp is winning due to all these other factors, which is totally understandable.

I'm taking concepts and hope to see you guys on the message board that I posted the link too previously, seems at least one person there is interested too.

I'll be counting up players after work and checking my email tonight.

I got six openings so feel free to apply if you want to play.

Lando

I'm in the process of registering at the other site. I haven' rcvd my confirming email as yet...I'm in for the forum game. I'll get you my char concept tonight/tomorrow morning.

Ark

Arkobla Conn said:
I'm in the process of registering at the other site. I haven' rcvd my confirming email as yet...I'm in for the forum game. I'll get you my char concept tonight/tomorrow morning.

Excellent! That makes 2-3 confirmed players, leaving at least 3 openings still for anyone who's interested. I plan to start early next week since I've got to request the forum setup for my game (the thread that's currently open is just for recruiting players and initial info on the game).

If you look at that site you'll see how they're setup and get an idea for when my game is setup, I'll be alphabetically listed by my handle.

"Ymir's frozen beard!"

Judge Walker said:
Just registered.

What lvls are we talking?
Is it alright if I try my hand at a Khitai Scholar?

A scholar would be most useful to the party.

1st-2nd, seems most are going for 2nd level. :) Character creation rules per Conan RPG, no evil alignments.

Lando

I've moved the discussion primarily to the message board where the game is going to be played (see previously posted links). I nearly got a full party now, with one slot still available for sure.

Will be confirming more pcs after work through email and working with the party to develope their pcs if needed.

Game should start early next week.

Lando

Lando -

I'm interested, but I'm not sure how often you're doing turns, or whether it'll be live or a board post style, or what format the game will take. Have you nailed this down yet?

If it is a threaded board format, I'd love to join in. Reply here or via PM.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Durall said:
I'm interested, but I'm not sure how often you're doing turns, or whether it'll be live or a board post style, or what format the game will take. Have you nailed this down yet?

If it is a threaded board format, I'd love to join in. Reply here or via PM.

Well the vote was 4 to 3 in favor of a message board game, which is why I posted several times the link to the message board I chose (its in my signature too).

Conan: The Throne of Blood RPG

I will be checking my email when I get home from the office to see how many of the five concepts I've gotten as actual pcs, but I'll give everyone on that list until Saturday to get me your pcs. I plan to request the actual game forum to be setup by the admin of that board tomorrow most likely (they'll probably get to it over the weekend) so I hope to start by Tues/Wed of next week.

So if you want the 6th slot Jason, you're welcome to it. Just email me and let me know or post on the board above.

Lando

Well the vote is now 5 to 3 in favor of a message board game and the board is being prepared by the admin of the board listed below.

Conan: The Throne of Blood RPG

Still looking to start next week, still waiting on some responses, but have a few new folks interested as well. Drop an email if seriously interested.

Current party:

Wisp - submitted pc, approved
Arkobla Conn - submitted concept and partial pc.
Belkregos - submitted pc, approved
Judge Walker - you playing still?
5th- open
6th- open

Lando The Archmagi

Yep. Just been trying to re read the Scholar and Sorcery sections one more time before I make my character., but it is one of those weeks. I'll have the character to you either tonight or tomorrow.

Jason Durall said:
I'll only be able to do a character writeup tomorrow (Saturday), but will get to that as soon as I can on Sat.

That's fine, well I got a complete party then.

Current party:

Wisp - submitted pc, approved
Arkobla Conn - submitted concept and partial pc.
Belkregos - submitted pc, approved
Judge Walker - working on pc.
5th- Harith - submitted pc, reviewing.
6th- Jason Durall, working on pc.

I will welcome lurkers if anyone wants to do so, just let me know and I'll let the board admin folks know.

Lando,

Please post here if you have any drop outs. I caught on to the tread to late get in on the first round, but I'd like to get in if there is an opening.

Thx

Back