Conan - The RPG - Atlantean Edition?

Anonymous said:
Some people in the LARP business like to tell what might politely be termed tall tales.

That's a syndrome not soley dedicated to LARP I'm afraid. If it's who I think you're talking about he's not in the LRP 'business'. He does LRP mind.

The old Mark Twain addage about only believing half of what you see, and none of what you read goes double for the internet.

So, will the new book be more expensive, or is it a better product for the same cost?

Superficially, it is the same - however, the rulebook was completely re-laid out, from start to finish and so is much 'cleaner' in appearence.

Not that this will affect your games at all :)

Mr Ed Fortune said:
Anonymous said:
Some people in the LARP business like to tell what might politely be termed tall tales.

That's a syndrome not soley dedicated to LARP I'm afraid. If it's who I think you're talking about he's not in the LRP 'business'. He does LRP mind.

The guy he's talking about isn't Welsh and doesn't have a live journal, if that's any help.

msprange said:
Superficially, it is the same - however, the rulebook was completely re-laid out, from start to finish and so is much 'cleaner' in appearence.

Glanced at the one I received for the prize support that ya'll sent me for my DragonCon game. Made me like it enough that I'll be sending in the coupon and corner from my 1st edition book for a revised one. Definitely nicer organized and some more pictures/maps and such... liked the additional scholar examples for one thing.

What about quotes? Are they signed, so we can know which story is the quote from? (not a big deal, but it would make some of us happier ;))

Zeus said:
What about quotes? Are they signed, so we can know which story is the quote from? (not a big deal, but it would make some of us happier ;))

It would have been nice to have the time to sift through and find the proper credit for each quote, but we wanted to get the book out *this* year! It's something we are endeavouring to stay on top of in future.

Mongoose Old Bear said:
Zeus said:

It would have been nice to have the time to sift through and find the proper credit for each quote, but we wanted to get the book out *this* year! It's something we are endeavouring to stay on top of in future.

The original manuscript has all the quotes properly attributed -- drop me a line if you want it re-sent at any point.

Ian Sturrock

The original manuscript has all the quotes properly attributed

?

PS. Looking forward to the Atlantean Edition anyway :)

Will upcoming books also contain the new layout?
Or is the new layout more of organization, tables etc than overall design?

Anonymous said:
Will upcoming books also contain the new layout?
Or is the new layout more of organization, tables etc than overall design?

Rich Neale is the new line developer and he has literally reworked every page of the AE edition. After that do you think we'd take a step backwards? :wink:

Mongoose Old Bear said:
Rich Neale is the new line developer and he has literally reworked every page of the AE edition. After that do you think we'd take a step backwards? :wink:

Sounds really cool. Can't wait to get the new edition + screen.

Did he loose the border? I'm curious. :)

Anonymous said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:

Sounds really cool. Can't wait to get the new edition + screen.

Did he loose the border? I'm curious. :)

If you mean the slightly rude border, then it'still there.

Back