Conan RPG Pocket Edition

geordiekimbo

Mongoose
Just got this yesterday so the players of Conan in my group have access to a players copy of the rules. I'm quite impressed with it for the most part.

However it seems that my copy is plagued with many mistakes that I think should have been corrected before it was published.

Namely...pages duplicated and several references to page numbers throughout the book do not refer to the correct page. I don't know if this is a repeat of the main book or an oversight created with the reduction in book size.

If I have the Original Conan RPG and the Pocket Atlantean Edition, am I covered on all fronts?

I heard that the Pocket edition omits some chapters, but if these omissions did not possess Atlantean changes I should be safe, right?

Love to hear back from you, its my first post, although I have lurked here for 18 months. :roll:

The pocket one doesnt have a bestiary...then again i don't know if the main book has one either. Being a player i've never looked. Never actually read the atlantean edition either, so i couldnt possibly say with any authority.

Galt Hagar's Son said:
If I have the Original Conan RPG and the Pocket Atlantean Edition, am I covered on all fronts?

I heard that the Pocket edition omits some chapters, but if these omissions did not possess Atlantean changes I should be safe, right?

Love to hear back from you, its my first post, although I have lurked here for 18 months. :roll:

All you are missing in terms of rules is the bestiary. The AE corrected some of the animal stats (For example, AE makes horses more killable, instead of walking tanks because of their DR).

geordiekimbo: To know exactly where things are in the pocket edition, I have created an index for this book at

www.fidnet.com/~bushfarm/wnvb/conan10.html

In a few days, I will expand on this, making it much more detailed.

Someone else will have to add the exact pagination of the hardback AE.

So, all the chapters from the introduction through combat are verbatim? I'm mastering this wednesday and want to take the pocket for it's main purpose; take it to the session instead the beautiful main book. So I'd like to know if I'm 100% backed.

To know exactly where things are in the pocket edition, I have created an index for this book

Thanks Yogah of Yag, much appreciated. I'm currently going through the book with a pen and marking the correct page numbers on the page borders next to the erronous areas.

So far it only looks like the following has been duplicated.

The end of the thief class section detailing page 93-95 (repeated on page 95-97) sneak attack style (part), sneak attack, trap disarming, eyes of the cat, trap sense, light footed, special ability and poison use. and the section rounding out your character, fate points, using fate points, and left for dead (part)

While the page references to this section work fine, the repeated areas are close by and when flicking through the book I've found the repeated section instead.

There are several threads about what is and isn't in this book, the page reference and duplication errors, etc. already on this site - search my username to find them.

Back