Attempt at creating a T2300 Character

Hopeless

Mongoose
Trying to create a T2300 character using Traveller 2e and the current T2300 setting book, please let me know if I missed anything!

So rolled characteristics ending up with a UPP of 868BB7

Have a copy of Central Casting book so rolled nationality resulting in Zimbabwe a Tier 4 nation in the T2300 setting I believe?
So a Core Worlder with a Normal Body Type.
Initial Skills: Science/History 0 and Informatics also at 0

How are Languages handled?
According to the Central Casting book Zimbabweans speak Rhodesia but making him join the Foreign Legion gives him Language/French so I'm hoping that covers that problem!

Anyway skill selection select one from the table on page 89 went for Flyer at 0
Education at B means 2 extra skills namely Animals and Electronics also at 0

So Core Background Options on page 90: rolled Neural Jack, Internal Clock and Rival/1
Focus drew a card from the deck getting 9 of Diamonds meaning wealth so the character seems financial wealth to help counter the poverty of their childhood?
Rolled Ally/1, Property/1 and Dependent so wherever the game starts they own a small farm out on the frontier where their families living and he often has to travel to make ends meet.

So try university for the first tour rolled a 7+1(edu) so pass entrance and rolled a 9+1 versus an Interview 7+ check so graduate but no high honours using this to enter the Army successfully gaining their Commission by doing so and the La Legion Strangers e plains why he speaks French!
So Navigation 0 and Electronics/Computers 1 increasing Edu to C.
Graduating means both skills above increase to 1 & 2 respectively with Edu going up by 2 to E this is using Traveller 2e rules mind you!
It also allows a +1 to qualify for a variety of careers and a chance to make a commission roll if part of the career they're entering has one.
So joins the Army at rank O1.

The event for his time at the University involved picking up a new skill as a hobby which is Mechanic at 0

Army career the commission roll was a 10, rolled an 8 on the End check to qualify and a 9 on the Survival check with a 6+2 for the advancement check meaning he ends his first Tour at O2 rank.
Basic Training: Athletics 0, Gun Combat 0, Heavy Weapons 0, Melee 0, Recon 0 and a choice between Drive or Vacc Suit at 0
Event: Gets involved in an urban conflict gaining Stealth skill at 1 with Leadership at 1 because of Officer rank.
Skill gained because of advancement is Athletics/Coordination 1

Second tour fails the Survival check and on the mishap table end up cashiered due to a rivalry with a fellow officer very tempted to turn this into Rival/2 instead of 2 Rivals at 1!

So only two benefit rolls with Lv2,500 and +1 Endurance could go Neural Sheathing for Fast/1 but Endurance is handier!

So at age 26 William Okeke is a former Army Infantry Caporal
UPP 869BE7
Skills: Animals 0, Athletics/Coordination 1, Electronics/Computers 2, Flyer 0, Gun Combat 0, Heavy Weapons 0, Informatics 0, Languages/Rhodesia 1, /French 0, Leadership 1, Mechanic 0, Melee 0, Navigation 1, Recon 0, Science/History 1, Stealth 1, Vacc Suit 0*
Background:
Internal Clock (actually has a keen internal sense of timing), Neural Jack (assume allows him to use Electronics/Computer to WiFi access computers, etc), Rival/2 (Former superior who had him kicked out because they both vied for the same promotion now a local bigwig and occasional pain in the ass!), Ally/1 (a fellow veteran they jointly own farms on the same frontier world), Property/1 (the small farm on the frontier) and Dependent (family).

Okay I'm thinking Drive 0 might be a better choice than Vacc Suit!

So any mistakes?

I didn't check too closely, but I found some mistakes.

1. The colonial language of Zimbabwe is English, not "Rhodesia", which is the former name of the country.

2. Army rank O2 is captain, not corporal (which is E2).

3. He could seek another career after leaving the Army if he wanted to do something else before becoming a player character, but he doesn't have to.

Back