Conan Errata?

When is the official Conan errata coming out? I see that the second printing is going to be out soon. If so, there should be errata somewhere. I'm not going to pay $50 or even $20 for this book again. I just want a definite sheet of errata.

Not "complete" by a long shot, but it's there alright ..

Yes, I know that is there, but like someone in this thread said, it's not complete. That and the fact that I seen a thread where they same to change a stance on something in the FAQ.

Now, they have a second printing coming out. It should be known exactly what was changed on what page. I want those changes.

Here is another reason I'm asking about Official Conan Eratta.

Conan FAQ - page 2 said:
Pg 161; at top of page ‘saving throw modifier’ is defined as ‘Base save bonus + ability modifier’, at bottom of page Initiative check includes ‘Reflex save modifier’ and ‘Dexterity modifier.’ Is Dexterity meant to be included in initiative twice?

Yes

None of the creatures in the Conan RPG or SoS have their initiative figured this way. I know this answer is wrong. I have a feeling more answers are wrong.

If you use the FAQ as Errata and that needs to have Errata, then you have a problem.

Mongoose.... Is there going to be an official sheet of errata released? If so, when?

I don't think it's much to ask being that there is a second printing coming out that should have these changes already made in it.

Conan FAQ - page 2 said:
Pg 161; at top of page ‘saving throw modifier’ is defined as ‘Base save bonus + ability modifier’, at bottom of page Initiative check includes ‘Reflex save modifier’ and ‘Dexterity modifier.’ Is Dexterity meant to be included in initiative twice?

Yes

That seems so redundant. Can't be right. :\

It's not right. All you have to do is look at every creature/NPC they have ever stated and you can tell. But that was my point about the need for "REAL" errata.

I'm looking forward to the updated Conan book. If it costs $100, I will still get it. Also, if it has a mistake or missssspelled word in it, I won't bitch and moan. I will just enjoy yet another quality book.

Anonymous said:
I'm looking forward to the updated Conan book. If it costs $100, I will still get it. Also, if it has a mistake or missssspelled word in it, I won't bitch and moan. I will just enjoy yet another quality book.

I don't care about the spelling in this one. I care about the many rules gaffs and misleading things.

I have been an avid supporter of Mongoose stuff in the past, but if I don't get errata and am therefore "required" to get the second printing, not only will I not get it, not only will I not get any more Mongoose stuff, I will make sure my friend doesn't carry their product in his game store(as I place the orders for his fantasy role-play selection).

The first printing certainly wasn't "quality."

I'm just wondering why they don't even put a response in this thread.

Anonymous said:
Conan FAQ - page 2 said:

Yes

That seems so redundant. Can't be right. :\

IIRC, they have since corrected that on this board.

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:
Anonymous said:

I don't care about the spelling in this one. I care about the many rules gaffs and misleading things.

I have been an avid supporter of Mongoose stuff in the past, but if I don't get errata and am therefore "required" to get the second printing, not only will I not get it, not only will I not get any more Mongoose stuff, I will make sure my friend doesn't carry their product in his game store(as I place the orders for his fantasy role-play selection).

Though, I feel, for one, that this is quite a quality product.

Who are "they" that you refer to? Mongoose? If it is Mongoose, do they have to respond to every post that there is? Especially yours?

If it isn't mongoose, then ignore what I just stated.

I believe the conan book is quality, and if you don't that is your opinion. But, to stop ordering books because of one product that you think is bad, is idiotic.

Similar to the sniveling cowards who run "The Game Preserve". A new product came in from ICE, they thought it sucked, so they believe all ICE products suck.

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:

I'm not sure what more you'd like - Mongoose has publically apologized, offered an attempt at appeasing the fans with the Sons of Cimmeria program and the discount on further editions, they've stated that the folks responsible for the slipup in quality on the edition are no longer working with Mongoose, and that future products will have a higher standard of quality control.

Who are "they" that you refer to? Mongoose? If it is Mongoose, do they have to respond to every post that there is? Especially yours?

Well, they(Mongoose) generally answer questions. It's not like it's a question that requires a brain surgeon. Is the going to be an official errata released?

Similar to the sniveling cowards who run "The Game Preserve". A new product came in from ICE, they thought it sucked, so they believe all ICE products suck.

It's not a matter of the product sucking. It's a matter of poor customer service. They(Mongoose) have a second printing going out, so they(Mongoose) should know what has been changed. No matter the freebies they(Mongoose) have put out, by not making a free errata download, they(Mongoose) would be slapping me in the face.

IIRC, they have since corrected that on this board.

That's well and good, but I shouldn't have to search hundreds of pages of messages boards to find out that an answer in their(Mongoose's) FAQ, which is still available to download with the incorrect answer in it. Not only that, I have seen threads on these boards talking about other issues with that FAQ, and they(Mongoose) have given different answers to confuse the matter more. I would have been better off not reading the things.

Really, I don't think I'm asking for much in my question about errata, but it looks as if it's being avoided like the plague.

wtf? he has every right to bicker, considering his "bickering" is well-justified.

Yes, but constant bickering makes it quite trivial, and a bit below rude.

Rikki, if you really want an answer from Mongoose, try either the e-mail orption or the PM option to M Bear, M Bob, msprange, etc.

Odovacar's Ghost said:
Well, perhaps you do need a slap in the face. Constant bickering is quite annoying.

90% of what I have written is to answer people like you. You don't like the answers then don't ask them.

I'm waiting for the answer to my question and had it been answered earlier, I wouldn't have bumped it back up.

If you want to buy another book, or are happy enough with what you got that you don't need/want errata, that's your prerogative. But it's also my prerogative to ask about it.

I won’t take the bait in your comment, so you can move along.

Back