CONAN ERRATA

I don't think that there will be any errata 'till revised edition.

"...There is an errata already available to download on the Conan section of the website, I do nto believe we will supply another update until the reprint happens.

Regards
Bob Roberts ..."

This is answer for my mail when I asked about it...

This makes sense. You can see in the rulesmasters section that the situation is still very fluid on some delicate points.

But honstly...

Is it really needed? Gazetter sections looks good, only in mechanics there are some errors made during copy paste process, but enlighten me, this is my first d20 game so I duuno much about it. :?

This makes sense. You can see in the rulesmasters section that the situation is still very fluid on some delicate points.

We heard you the first time Hyena... :)

And IRT Grinulf, if they release a new revised Edition of Conan RPG I for one will be more than happy to spend monney on it! :) That's about all the "reason" they need.

/wolf

I wat to buy books too... but I live in such country where this is a BIG problem... for month I'm trying to find way to buy Scrolls of Skelos... and I'm starting to be angry to be honest :evil:

Anyway... I'll do my best :)

Revised version will be great tool. And rest of the supplements too.

Having paid full price for the book it would be nice to have all the pages!!
so they should at least put the feats table out to download, my soldiers want to know what feats they can pick. :twisted:

only half the table, in my edition, plus 3 feats discriptions missing. :(

Does anyone know if additional feats / races / backgrounds from the Signs & Portents articles will make it into a second edition ? Things like the stuff from the Acheronian article ( obviously if its original canon stuff , I know the rulebook is supposed to stick to the original stories only ) . Or will it just be a corrected reprint ?

yeh page 110/111 is missing, it contains most of the feats table 5-1, and the discription for akbitanan smith, both alertness and animal affinity are completly gone, and archers bane only lists its benefits. This is the only table that lists the soldiers bonus feats. :roll:

I think you had some back luck, as I have both these pages for sure.

Is it permissable to note (for those who don't have these pages) which are soldier allowable? [You can guess if you try...it's most of the combat oriented feats...]

Well i have the first printing for sure and these pages are definately missing, so the only way you guys can have them is if you have the 2nd printing! so if it's out why haven't mongoose sent out replacement copies to those on the waiting list. i've been prepared to pay out for the 2nd printing but am begining to lose my cool, mongoose or more correctly the vender we bought the book from are by law supposed to give a full refund for selling goods that are not of a merchatable quality, as stated in the trade of goods act. Time to take the matter to the next level!

The sale of goods act does state, that products sold must be of a merchantable quality, i studied law for a while, and the definition of that is that the product is fit for the purpose intended, you are also quite correct that your beef is with the shop you bought the game from and not mongoose, it's up to the shops to seek renumaration for any losses incured, mongoose's only hope is if the errors are due to the printers making mastakes. I would surgest that before you get all man-ape, that you first have a word with the people who sold you the game and get a refund from them. My worry is that mongoose are going to lose a heap of money over this, and as a company they have expanded really fast in the last couple of years, and this could put an end to them, that said i still feel agrieved ( the legal term is shafted ), that i'm expected to pay yet more money for what is already the most expensive single game book i've ever purchased. :evil:

I truely do not believe I have a '2nd printing' per se. There may habe been different lots of the first printing which did not get this grievious error. I have as many errors as others. If Mongoose allows it, I'll reproduce the chart for you until the second printing comes out.

As far as the legal stuff, they have egg on their face, they know it, and are TRYING to rectify it. The Sons of Cimmeria stuff is really good, and we will get a significant discount on that second edition. Ultimately, I don't want to kill conan the rpg because of the editting...I'm upset, but goingn to let them make up for it.

My advice to you is to contact mongoose directly if you are missing pages (or go back to your bookstore) and get a replacement 1st edition.

sending it back this afternoon, no way am i paying for mongooses mistakes, they should have never put it on the book shelves in the state its in!! as far as i'm aware in order for there to be different copies of the book there has to be different printings, i have a friend in the I.T. dept. of a printers and as far as he knows thats the only way. i wont be buying mongoose products again.

Missing pages doesn't mean it is another printing, it is a mistake in the assembly of the book. I've bought books, not rulebooks, from some of the most reputable publishers with missing pages.

Relax; just take it back, show them the problem and get another book.

Back