Conan.com & Useful Conan RPG Links

Strom

Mongoose
Fellow Conan gamers! For great discussions on all things Conan - including the wicked good Conan RPG from Mongoose - please feel free to visit the Official Conan website - Conan.com!

Forums include:

Words From Crom
General Discussions
Robert E. Howard
Conan General Discussions
Conan in Literature
The Library of Epemitreus
Hyborian Age, Gaming & Toys
The Hyborian Age
The Illustrated Conan
Bran Mak Morn
Kull
Solomon Kane
Howard's Other Literary Creations

Find out the latest news and information on the Red Nails DVD, the Age of Conan novels, the Dark Horse Conan comic and the upcoming live action Conan movie. Join and participate in all of the polls and the discussions available on Conan.com 8)

Tell 'em Crom sent ya!

http://www.conan.com/invboard/

Please scroll down for other great Conan links

Strom said:
Fellow Conan gamers! For great discussions on all things Conan - including the wicked good Conan RPG from Mongoose - please feel free to visit the Official Conan website - Conan.com!

Forums include:

Words From Crom
General Discussions
Robert E. Howard
Conan in Literature
Hyborian Age, Gaming & Toys
The Illustrated Conan

Find out the latest news and information on the Red Nails DVD, the Age of Conan novels, the Dark Horse Conan comic and the upcomming live action Conan movie. Join and participate in all of the polls and the discussions available on Conan.com 8)

Tell 'em Crom sent ya!

http://www.conan.com/invboard/

Yeah thanks for the cool link, Strom! It is a cool site! 8)

Yogah of Yag said:
I think most of us are aware of the conan website.
A sticky probably wasn't necessary.

I was kind of surprised to come back and see it as a sticky.

How about instead of conan.com link being a sticky, have a sticky that is entitled "useful conan links" and include:

Conan.com (and why)
Vincent's site
The dodge blossom site (mentioning the timeline, Dale Rippke stuff, etc.)
Other sites

Cross promotion with Conan.com and Mongoose. Thanks to Mongoose and their great staff - especially Old Bear. We have a pinned thread on the Conan.com Forum Hyborian Age & Gaming. It helps other quests and members know about each others sites and their related topics and promotes the Conan RPG - good thing right?

It's all good. 8)

Strom said:
Cross promotion with Conan.com and Mongoose. Thanks to Mongoose and their great staff - especially Old Bear. We have a pinned thread on the Conan.com Forum Hyborian Age & Gaming. It helps other quests and members know about each others sites and their related topics and promotes the Conan RPG - good thing right?

It's all good. 8)

Could be a good idea, but after having spent several months reading through the conan.com site, I kinda get the impression that most of the guys (& gals???) there aren't into RPG at all. :shock: :( Thus...we must educate them. 8)

~~~~~
We bid you warm Welcome to CONAN.COM
the official virtual HYBORIAN Kingdom.
Temple of MITRA, SET and CROM.
centre of CONAN and R.E.HOWARD fandom.

So rest your sword arm and quaff Amra beer,
relax and enjoy all the treasures in here.
join in the fun and make your views clear,
let's all toast Conan with a rousing great cheer!

We all come together from all over the world
to parley and joust with our pennants unfurled.
many tales and rhymes of adventure abound,
the champions of Sword and Sorcery you have found.
~~~~~
[ poem by Buxom Sorceress c.2006.]
[NB. please see lots more fun + serious S+S poems in the forums at conan.com ]
--
HAIL the CONAN.com forums, + this great forum here at Mongoose! 8)
--
hey STROM, see u in the temple garden pool for our usual dip.
cheers *** :)
[btw, i luv sticky situations. yum! :wink: ]

slaughterj said:
Yogah of Yag said:
I think most of us are aware of the conan website.
A sticky probably wasn't necessary.
I was kind of surprised to come back and see it as a sticky.

How about instead of conan.com link being a sticky, have a sticky that is entitled "useful conan links" and include:

Conan.com (and why)
Vincent's site
The dodge blossom site (mentioning the timeline, Dale Rippke stuff, etc.)
Other sites
Good idea. I'll get it started here. It's fairly easy to do if you have done any html editing, and since any thread of links will always be responded to, it'd be just as easy to quote or edit to add other links as they become available or cross them off when they become obsolete. Lastly, if anyone doesn't want any of these posted (Vincent or other) just lemme know & I'll remove it. Trying to be helpful, not infringe. Anyway, that being said, here's a list I'll start:

• Conan Official Site - site has several links at top of home page, news about new & upcoming product releases, forums, etc.
  • Mongoose Publishing's Conan products page - listing all the current products, some of their announced forthcoming releases, and free downloads at the bottom of the page
  • Mongoose Publishing's product list page - All current & forthcoming products by Mongoose Publishing. To get to the Conan line, scroll down until you see it (about 1/2 way down) and list of all current & expected Conan products are hyperlinked
  • The Dark Storm Conan Chronology by Dale Rippke - A Post-Modern look at Conan’s life according to the writings of Robert E. Howard, a chronology of the timeline of the Conan stories as Rippke sees, with explanations & summations
  • Robert E. Howard.com - Site links his stories by genre, lists various publications available, etc.
  • HowardWorks.com - The Complete Robert E. Howard Story Index (Includes articles, fragments, synopses, etc.), Robert E. Howard Sources
  • MoonBlossom's Hyborian Age Sources - a rather comprehensive list of publications of the various Conan stories, by Howard as well as others, from the WierdTales publications onwards. Also, listings for Red Sonja, Arquel of Argos, and comic books.
  • MoonBlossom site's Dark Storm Conan Chronology - The article posted above, except reformatted using the MoonBlossom site's web imaging.
  • REHUPA.com: The Robert E. Howard United Press Association - A website catering to Howard scholars. Site has links for news; information about Howard, FAQs; Biographies; Criticism; REH in Pop Culture; & links on the web
  • The Hyborian Age d20 Site - This site has lots of gaming info for Conan, etc., links for old adventures, essays, & other neat info, has been referenced countless times on other threads in these forums.
  • The Hyborian Age of Conan - Dale Rippke's MoonBlossom Conan web page; can link to the other MoonBlossom urls on this page too.
  • Conan: Red Nails-the Animated Movie Site - Site has info about the movie, downloads, the storyline (note: differences made from the Howard short story it's based on); the cast of voice talents, etc.
  • A Gazetteer Hyboria - The MoonBlossom site's alphabetical listing of the principle peoples and places from the Pre-Cataclysmic to the Hyborian Ages.
  • Marvel Comics Conan Page - an a-z listing of characters who appeared in their comics, click on a name & you'll get a nice breakdown of the character, pics from comic issues & description of the character. Pretty nice, actually, especially for an old comics line.
  • Dark Horse Conan Comics page - The line of the current comics series chronicling Conan's exploits; it has site links for products, comics, books & downloads for your computer
  • Complete Spell List - The list originally compiled by urdinaran has been added to, and is available by a hyperlink within this fourm. It sorts spells by school, with the source each spell can be found in amongst the various Mongoose products.
  • Missing Rules - As good a place to find links to the SRD (base rules, especially for situations/circumstances that can't be found in the rule books). In general, because the Conan rpg d20 system is based on the OGL d20 rules with modifications, you should look at the SRD for rules if you can't find them in the rules books, then use your best judgement! Nice job Foxworthy, for illustrating/pointing the way early on in this thread!
  • CONAN ONLINE RESOURCE LIST - Iron_Chef started this whole online thread business way back in 2004. Has several great links in it, most of which had already been compiled but those that aren't are worth mentioning here!
I have a few dozen other sites I've linked, but due to the constraints of time & purpose decided not to post those now. There are dozens if not hundreds of links to things like Hyborian maps, interest groups, etc.
[edit:added 4/30/06@21:39]Getting responses I'll add a couple here:
GM ONLY SECTION - These entries contain lists, stats, or adventures which players should not be privvy to. Please respect your gamesmaster and don't read or download these links.
NPC, Monster Lists, & etc.
  • Conan RPG - GM Only Bestiary Reference List - This thread started by Strom lists the various Mongoose releases where you can find different types of monsters, plants, & etc., broken down by type (Animals, Monsters, templates, etc.) NOTE: as a spoiler alert, players should not go to this thread!!! :evil:
  • NPC Cards - FINAL DRAFTS (All classes!) - Mayhem posted links to stat cards for the NPC classes; the thread and links can be a very handy reference for obtaining NPCs quickly. Read through the thread for obtaining a blank card pdf, & etc.
  • 101 NPCs (repost) - S'mon started this thread with examples of NPC ideas: names, backgrounds, & stat blocks added to by other posters as well
  • NPC Agendas? - Question in the forum title yields several responses with good advice about a facet of GMing that should NEVER be overlooked or ignored. 8)
  • Nyambe - Axerules submitted this link, which is a fan website about this D20 African adventure RPG by Christopher Dolunt of Atlas Games, with a few interesting goodies (including two adventures). If someone wants to play in the Black Kingdoms it's useful.
Sample Adventures submitted to this forum:
  • How to start a Conan adventure - One of the early discussions in this forum, has some useful ideas regarding what types of adventures a GM might consider making up.
  • Grains of Sand - by GhostWolf69, gives a sequence of encounters and GM reads for the players, contingencies, but NPCs not statted.
  • Creating Adventures - Well, it's really a list of words one could use like a table to create adventure seeds quickly, explained by the poster, Brass Jester
  • GM'S GUIDE TO CREATING HYBORIAN AGE ADVENTURES - Iron_Chef created a great thread here, one I'd recommend personally, itself filled with links to other sites with adventure ideas, recommendations, etc. BE SURE TO CHECK THIS OLD ONE OUT (but note differences between original hardcover rpg book and subsequent Atlantean Edition release).
  • INSTANT CAMPAIGN #2 (Aquilonia) - Iron_Chef's second campaign, just like the GM'S GUIDE TO CREATING HYBORIAN AGE ADVENTURES above.
  • Dr. Skull's (webpage of) Modules - Has intranet links to several adventures that many have found quite handy as well.
  • Online scenarios (Link collection) - Valaryc started this thread, which is a list of links and resources for gathering online (free) adventures, many of which are written for other game systems and would need to be converted to the Mongoose Conan system.
  • Conan blogs and campaign journals - This thread is a list of links to blogs, adventure synopses & campaigns contributed by various gamers; as different from sample adventures, this is a blog of how various groups performed.
NOTE: Many blogs will have spoilers when writing about pre-published adventures.This is the end of the GM ONLY section.

Fan Sites, Discussion Groups & et cetera
  • Official Robert E. Howard Forum - (powered by the Invision boards) a forum discussion for things Conan, Robert E. Howard, etc.
  • Links to Fan sites - A thread on these boards, which is itself a compilation of internet links to fan sites. There are many threads in this forum with links like this included.
  • the Conan Klooge site - A Yahoo group dedicated to the use of the kloogewerks program to play the Conan OGL RPG by Mongoose.
  • TheREHcomicsgroup - The Robert E Howard Comics Group - This Yahoo group is dedicated to the characters created by Robert E Howard that have appeared in comic book form from Marvel Comics , Dark Horse Comics , Cross Plains Comics , Dynamite Entertainment etc.
  • D20 Conan Group - A Yahoo group of Conan D20 rpg fans, gamers, etc.
Hope this helps. If anyone has anything they want added (or want modifications/additions to any of the links contained above) just PM me and I'll update this list. 8)

hey BREGALES, thanks for your splendid CONAN LINKS compilation list.
a *sticky* topic filled with useful links is cool, + very easy to use. 8)

a big sticky kiss from me *** :)

Inspired poem Buxom - very nice. Happy St. Patrick day :D

Great list Bregales - I know i'll be using it a lot! Thanks 8)

Very nice list! There is one link I would add, the one from someone on the board that posted several adventures, can't remember the site though...

slaughterj said:
Very nice list! There is one link I would add, the one from someone on the board that posted several adventures, can't remember the site though...
Thanks. I took your idea and spent longer than I thought I would looking some up, but finally found Iron_Chef's & Dr. Skull's forum threads so linked those &/or their home pages.

Any suggestions I could always edit the list like I just did, or just add your own. I think this forum thread was a good idea, and personally think it'll help folks with it being "stickied." Now then, I'm tired, and spent more time on this than I thought I would, so g'night all. 8)

Back