Conan Characters Revealed for the New Conan Movie

kintire said:
To be fair, they may be operating under some restrictions. I know, for example, that the Age of Conan game has nothing from the movies because they have the rights to the books but not the movies: these guys may have the rights to the movies but not the books.

What? I don't think that's accurate. In Atzel's Approach in Cimmeria, for instance, you'll find the Wheel of Pain. It's even called as such and looks exactly as it did in Conan the Barbarian. I know licensing can be a pain to deal with, but I find it hard to believe CPI wouldn't allow use of the books for a movie studio. And if they refused the studio to use the books material then they deserve all the hate they're getting here.

Probably it was way to much trouble to find a real Conan book to read. And actuasly reading it? Hoaw, let not get carried away with the research.

It does ocur to me that Conan is not PC enough for hollywood. After all, he kills , he steals, doesnt play well with others. It may be that killing for revenge is OK, but just so you can steal some cool stuff is not.

Certainly not a problem for US, but a wider audience migh indeed have a problem with it. I personnaly hate that kind of revionist thinking, but it does exist in the USA.

I agree with Kintire as well. If the film is well made then it may be fun. It won't be REH's Conan, just another different Barbarian with a familiar name. :lol:

The blind archer regiment is pretty naff though...........

This is a great news !!

If the movie is terrible, the RPG licence price won't increase and MGP will be able to re-afford it !

Thx again for making a crapy movie. :)

W.

Conan, what is best in life?

To rehouse your enemies and come to some kind of agreement, see them driving their nice cars safely, and to hear the laughing of their women, who are deserving of equality and respect.

Strom said:
I bet you go see the movie on the opening weekend. :wink: :D

CPI's loyal lapdog speaks.

I had previously suspected that the movie would be "Age of Conan: the Movie" but this is even worse. I will not pay to see this atrocity.

In what way does that make him a lapdog? Many will go see it if only to be more informed as to what they are complaining about.

Deathdealer said:
Strom said:
I bet you go see the movie on the opening weekend. :wink: :D

CPI's loyal lapdog speaks.

I had previously suspected that the movie would be "Age of Conan: the Movie" but this is even worse. I will not pay to see this atrocity.

I was just joking - thus the emoticons.

Seriously, CPI is not the final say on the script - it is very complicated - and really a little early - to send them to Hades.

But I understand the emotion. And thanks for the solid logic zoo. :)

I am against this! For the first time in my life, I will submit to my country´s age-old tradition: PIRACY!

I will view this movie as I have viewed "sword-fights in the beach" (AKA: Troy), "sword-fights in the woods" (AKA: King Arthur) and "sword-fights in the desert" (AKA: Kingdom of Heaven)... in the frecuent 2-5 hour bus rides from town to town ... but I will not stand still as someone rips apart one of my childhood memories! (i.e. Conan and REH work!).

I have endured Harry Potter fans telling me that it is "high quality" fantasy, I will not stand still to this abomination (yeah, White Wolf, sue me!!!) and hear ignoramuses praising computer animations! (and kung-fu kicks!)

Sorry for the paranoia and the pessimism...

*sound of Yogah sitting in corner silently weeping*

:cry:

*sigh*

Oh, sweet Crom. Say it ain't so.
Do I understand this correctly: the BBEG's name is Singh?
The Indians will be unsheathing their tulwars over that alone. :shock:

*sound of yet more weeping*

There are no words to express the sheer stupidity of the characters. No words at all. They have to be invented yet.

Hervé said:
After that, Conan The Destroyer will probably become a classic... :roll:

The characters listed do sound rather uninspiring - but then I like Conan the Destroyer :wink: :D

So let me get this straight. What I think we have is a movie inspired by movies inspired by a character created by Robert E Howard?

No, we have a movie title inspired by a charecter from REH. The movie itself is a lame formula hollywood swords and sandles pile of crap that they think will sell well due to the title. And they me be right.

Back