Common Fantasy races

Withered

Mongoose
I am enjoying the Legend core book, and i note that it mentions that other races are available to play, but nowhere in the book can i find a reference for how to generate anything except human characters.

Where can i find the rules to build common elves, dwarves, halflings, etc?
Do they have special rules or are the adjustments made simply made as house rules?
Is this information included in the Monsters of Legend book?

I appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.
I am a complete RQ/Legend rookie.

In case it matters, i need the various standard fantasy races in order to determine if i want to use Legend to design and run a Kingdoms of Kalamar game.

Thank,

L.

Thank you for a quick reply.
I suspected as much but wanted to be sure i was not supposed to be looking for an older version of some source book, Glorantha material, or waiting on a new product.

Thanks again.
L.

Monster of Legend is a good purchase.

You can in addition take a long at the link in my signature - it contains a lot of converted d20 material. Don't know if it is relevant for your setting of choice?

- Dan

Don't forget to download a copy of the errata in case you get a copy which hasn't had the stats for the Ogre corrected.

There's some other useful information in that particular errata download that might be of interest.

Legend still needs lizard men and serpent people, though. :) Elves, orcs, dwarves, goblins and ogres are all in Monsters of Legend though. Trolls and giants, too. Werewolves and vampires, and zombies.

But we're short of the likes of Ents, merfolk, Sirens, Sidhe, succubi, birdfolk and, yes, reptilians.

alex_greene said:
Legend still needs lizard men and serpent people, though. :) Elves, orcs, dwarves, goblins and ogres are all in Monsters of Legend though. Trolls and giants, too. Werewolves and vampires, and zombies.

But we're short of the likes of Ents, merfolk, Sirens, Sidhe, succubi, birdfolk and, yes, reptilians.

There's a lizardman in the monster coliseum, he's called a Slaargh or somesuch, and he's awesome. His movement of 6 hurts, but he's got 5 natural armour, and a combined Size + Strength of 50. My favorite shapechange form.

I prefer them as races, rather than as monsters to fight.

You could trade with a serpentman or lizard man, but what could you possibly have that they would want? And how about bringing along a lizardman sorcerer in an adventuring party?

Like I said ... I prefer them as races.

Dan True said:
Monster of Legend is a good purchase.

You can in addition take a long at the link in my signature - it contains a lot of converted d20 material. Don't know if it is relevant for your setting of choice?

- Dan

Dan, I too am a Legend rookie. But your Eberron conversion is just what I'm looking for re: races and a world to run about in...How well does it match with Legend? I have never read anything within MRQII system, so I am really wondering if your Eberron conversion will fit very smoothly with my Legend core rules, or if I need to make adjustments...

Either way--good work!
George

shincan said:
Dan, I too am a Legend rookie. But your Eberron conversion is just what I'm looking for re: races and a world to run about in...How well does it match with Legend? I have never read anything within MRQII system, so I am really wondering if your Eberron conversion will fit very smoothly with my Legend core rules, or if I need to make adjustments...

Either way--good work!
George

I actually think the conversion works quite well. The greatest threat is what magic can do if not kept in check, as bonus CAs and enhanced stats can really break the combat system (when people get 7 CA it gets rather silly...), but this can either be handled by house rules (I am working on one right not for the modern system to handle large number of CA), by controlling the spells / magic available to your party or by allowing so much magic so both all in the party and the NPCs become very powerful.

Sadly I am currently not working on the Eberron conversion anymore, as I have other projects. I played with it for about half a year so some of the stuff has been tested. I might get back to it in the future. If you get suggestions or troubles, feel free to send me a yell.

- Dan

Back