Comm Disruptors vs Stealth

fuzzilogik

Mongoose
I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but a search didn't turn anything up. When the Abbai are firing Comm Disruptors at a stealthed ship, do they have to break stealth in order to fire?

If Comm Disruptors hit a stealthed ship, does it reduce stealth by 1 like every other weapon?

Thanks,
Fuzzi

a much maligned weapon the comm disruptor... lots of odd facts about it

it messes with damage control (a crew quality check...not much really, as a 6 always succeeds, so your halving the chance but still)

it's interceptable.

it kills fighters (only takes 'a hit' not a damage point)

it slices tomato's just like that!

Ripple

Think of the comms disruptor like the rebel ion cannon in The Empire Strikes Back. It fires directed pulses of energy rather than a broad radio jamming wave.

Greg Smith said:
Think of the comms disruptor like the rebel ion cannon in The Empire Strikes Back. It fires directed pulses of energy rather than a broad radio jamming wave.

Ahhh, that I can understand.

Banichi said:
Greg Smith said:

Ahhh, that I can understand.

Or think in conventional terms. Comms Disruptors as very intense, specific Electronic Countermeasures, and the Interceptors used are Electronic Counter Counter Measures, both are standard fare for modern warships and some aircraft.

Ripple said:
it messes with damage control (a crew quality check...not much really, as a 6 always succeeds, so your halving the chance but still)

Does a 6 always succeed? The rules for damage control say nothing about that and DC isn't a SA.
The Rulebook page 12:
To repair a critical hit by Damage Control, select one effect a ship is currently suffering from and roll 1D6, adding the ship’s
Crew Quality score. On a 9 or more, the effect has been repaired and the ship can continue to operate normally. If you roll
less than 9
, the effect persists though you may try again in the End Phase of the next turn.(emphasis by me)

Its seems from the rules you must roll a 9 or higher to succeed which means average CQ 4 on most ships are unable to repair until the effect wear off.

Perhaps I'm interpreting it wrong but thats how I read it.

Could be I'm thinking first ed, where it was ruled to be a CQ check, and therefore a 6 always succeeded, but a 1 did not always fail like with an attack die.

One reason I want to go through and make a cheat sheet that lists all the different Types of rolls and what effects them, and what are the 'autos' on them.

Ripple

Back