Ok, so we have:

Kai Lord
Knight of Sommerlund
Brother of the Crystal Star
Magician of Dessi
Telchos Warrior
Dwarven Gunner of Bor
Shadaki Buccaneer

What other classes could be found in a Lone Wolf RPG?

Sommlending Border Ranger
Knight of the White Mountain
Drakkarim Death Knight
Cener Druid
Redeemer
Herbwarden
Vakeros Warrior
Monk of the Sword
Shadakine Wytch
Masbate Warrior
Freedom Guild Fighter

Any more?

what were the monks of the sword? what was their special power?

were the knights of the white mountain any different from the knight of the realm in the book? any different powers?

Who were the freedom guild guys?

Monks of the Sword An order of monks you encounter in the Danarg.

Knight of the White Mountain No idea if they are different as I won't have the book until tomorrow or the next day, but for flavour reasons they could be.

Freedom Guild The rebels fighting against Shasarak in the Grey Star series.

A few more generic character types.

Mercenary captain
Vassagonian Warrior Prince (or at least something Vassagonian)

G.

IMO, something as generic as Mercenary Captain would not fit with the mood established by the classes available in the Core book. I would see the warrior filling this role, while heroic classes are far more specific, in a throwback to the old racial classes from OD&D.

not an american slang

just my 2 years of english at school here in austria

a long long time ago

but weren´t those vasagonian fighters a great looking ..... of enemies

Eternalknight said:
Sommlending Border Ranger

In my opinion, the Warrior class as presented in the rulebook, with high values in Ride, Survival and Knowledge (nature), is perfect for them.

Eternalknight said:
Knight of the White Mountain

I would make them like the Knights of the Realm, with the following differences: compulsory Code of Honour at level 3, Saddlemastery replaced with Mindshield (improves by one tier every 2 levels), Willpower gained at level 2 (equal to his Charisma modifier +2, minimum of 2. Improves by his Charisma modifier every 3 levels, minimum of +1).

The freedom guild fighters look like ordinary Warriors, to me. The same goes for mercenary captains.
The Sharnazim should be Warriors with scimitar (bitikali) as their weapon of choice. This, combined with their racial bonus, should make them excellent fighters.

You COULD make almost anything out of the basic NPC classes. But sometimes that dulls them down from what they COULD be. I'd love to see more classes. Heck, why not even prestiege classes. You can multiclass in Lone Wolf. It is a derivative of DnD.

If anyone cares, i actually have an original DnD Rules Cyclopedia from the 80's if anyone wants me to look up anything so they could adapt it somehow to lone wolf.

But overall, why don't we all get off our butts and star creating our own classes. Who says we can't? Mongoose is a small company, it'll prob be years if ever for them to get to all the stuff we've been demanding. Lets take some initiative and start creating some. I'm working on a Vakeros warrior class.

Lets start writing them up ourselves and post them so we can all share them. Or submit them to Signs and Portents.

I like your attitude, SunWolf :) .
I think you have the right approach : these classes would make formidable S&P articles.
So send in your ideas and submit them to Ian and we'll see where it goes.

Methos said:
but weren´t those vasagonian fighters a great looking ..... of enemies
Actually, the post about them reminded me that the Beastrider class was another I wanted to do. And as the stats for an Itikar (their...avian ;)) are in the book...

I'm likely a loner when it comes to this, but I'd like to see a 'Noodnic Tunnelranger' class, or something similar. A Noodnic in the party would be entertaining.

The game definitely needs more classes. WHen I started my game last week, my players were a little dismayed at the small choice of character selection. Granted, they were not at all familiar with Lone Wolf, and are used to D&D, having a plethora of races, classes, magic powers, monsters, weapons, eleventeen sourcebooks per class/race, bla blah bla blah blahh...

Ahem.

I just wish I had more time to devote to this sort of thing! There are many things I'd like to see for this great game, classes being one of them. Think of all the characters we met in the gamebooks.

Nerethel

sunwolf said:
You COULD make almost anything out of the basic NPC classes. But sometimes that dulls them down from what they COULD be. I'd love to see more classes.
As Redlaco before me, I definitely agree with that! Especially when we're talking about player character classes - new ones should equal the ones we already have and not give you the feeling of playing a second-rate character class, one cobbled together from "NPC fare", so to speak ... :?

As my core rulebook still has not arrived, I don't of course know whether the basic NPC classes in fact can compare with the PC classes, but I would be somewhat amazed after seeing what I've seen of the PC classes so far!

(Oh, BTW: I'm not necessarily talking of power here, just of the details that make the PC classes stand apart from generic warriors, mages etc.!)

*checks before hitting Submit*

As I see, I also agree with Nerethel! :D Like that Noodnic Tunnelranger idea ... Entertaining indeed! (There are also, after all, people who have Kenders in their party, aren't there? :wink:)

Paido

edit: There was a nagging little voice in my head ever since I read this thread (yeah, I know what you are thinking now! ... You're probably right. :wink:) Guess what I found after listening to it? A little thread called Classes you would like to see... Had nearly forgotten about it. :oops:

Seems like there is more than just a little interest in more character classes, eh?

Nerethel said:
I'm likely a loner when it comes to this, but I'd like to see a 'Noodnic Tunnelranger' class, or something similar. A Noodnic in the party would be entertaining.
Oh I agree with that, just like Paido, which makes at least three loners. :D
Seriously, I'm sure we'll see more magic oriented classes in the upcoming Magic sourcebook. Like : Cener Druid, Herbwarden and Shadakine Wytch.
Well maybe August can confirm this ?

*checks before hitting Submit* :roll: :lol:

Nerethel said:

Yooze notta blackscreamerz, ehh?

:D

Yeah, but they're what Jar-Jar only wishes he could be... cute, cuddly, kleptomaniac, AND annoying. He only has annoying going for him.

EDIT: and to let you know, I'm finally getting off my ass and writing some stuff, as opposed to talking about what would be cool.

Back