Classbooks under cover :)

Padre

Mongoose
M'kay, so far there's "Scrolls of Skelos" for Scholars and "Pirate Isles" for Pirates. We know of "Free Companies" for Soldiers (I guess :)). So, is Mongoose going to continue making supplements in this manner? Are all of the classes going to be covered?

PS. I know "classbook" is not a proper name here, as these supplements can be useful for more than just one class, don't kick me ;)

Zeus said:
M'kay, so far there's "Scrolls of Skelos" for Scholars and "Pirate Isles" for Pirates. We know of "Free Companies" for Soldiers (I guess :)). So, is Mongoose going to continue making supplements in this manner? Are all of the classes going to be covered?

PS. I know "classbook" is not a proper name here, as these supplements can be useful for more than just one class, don't kick me ;)

I would imagine that Across Thunder River would be a pretty good sourcebook for borderers.

I'd never made the correlation either. Pretty cool.

Out of all of them, I'm looking forward to the Shadizar book the most. Now if I can only get one of my players to GM the campaign for awhile, I could play a thief...

"Across the Thunder River" doesn't follow the format of "Scrolls", "Isles" and "Companies" (128 pages, softback). Besides, it appears to be more Pict than Borderer oriented. I wonder, is it still going to include Borderer-related stuff, or does Mongoose have a separate sourcebook in plan. :)

OK, so is it classes&backgrounds (Skelos, Isles, Companies) and races&regions (Thunder River) then? It would be a good idea IMHO, as it makes it easy to predict what is going to be covered in which book.

Zeus said:
"Across the Thunder River" doesn't follow the format of "Scrolls", "Isles" and "Companies" (128 pages, softback). Besides, it appears to be more Pict than Borderer oriented. I wonder, is it still going to include Borderer-related stuff, or does Mongoose have a separate sourcebook in plan. :)

It has a lot of stuff about borderers in it.

Zeus said:

Free Companies will do for mercenaries what Pirate Isles did for pirates. It's not specifically aimed at the Soldier class, although there will obviously be a lot in it for soldiers.

We have a series of books in the pipeline, each of which will deal with 3 of the character classes.

According to Indigo.ca, the order of future releases will be

September -> Conan: Across The Thunder River
October -> Conan: The Free Companies
December -> Conan: Shadizar
January -> The Pocket Conan Rpg
February -> Conan: Aquilonia
March -> Conan: Barbarians, Borderers And Nomads

But obviously that's not official.

Jason Durall said:

Only really on an NPC level...
The borderer content looks to be mainly lifestyle descriptions and their interractions with the Picts. I think the kind of thing people were looking for here were prestige classes, perhaps feats and the like...Will have to wait for the borderer book for that.

Busty Wench said:
perhaps feats and the like...Will have to wait for the borderer book for that.

Personally I hate rules-heavy books. So far I have bought every Conan book published by Mongoose, but I would not buy a class book (except Scrolls of Skelos, a magic supplement is an exception IMO.) I want campaign and adventure books. Mongoose has already provided us with plenty of rules thank you very much.

Busty Wench said:
Jason Durall said:

Only really on an NPC level...
The borderer content looks to be mainly lifestyle descriptions and their interractions with the Picts. I think the kind of thing people were looking for here were prestige classes, perhaps feats and the like...Will have to wait for the borderer book for that.

I have read the manuscript scrupulously (note my name in the playtest section for many of the existing books, and the proofing duties under some) - and the manuscript I read had a lot of information on borderers as characters.

MightyCthulhu said:
Personally I hate rules-heavy books. So far I have bought every Conan book published by Mongoose, but I would not buy a class book (except Scrolls of Skelos, a magic supplement is an exception IMO.) I want campaign and adventure books. Mongoose has already provided us with plenty of rules thank you very much.

Noone said everyone wanted that. I just pointed out that the kind of questions already asked in this thread inferred that was the kind of thing the previous posters were looking for and tried to answer their question.

*shrugs*

Busty Wench said:
Noone said everyone wanted that. I just pointed out that the kind of questions already asked in this thread inferred that was the kind of thing the previous posters were looking for and tried to answer their question.

*shrugs*

:oops: Sorry if that sounded harsh. I didn't mean it as an attack or anything. I guess my post was a little off topic.

He's just probably being more appologetic than normal because you're busty. :lol:

It's a weakness...

Actually, I like the style of books we've gotten, but I want more straight up adventures conan style. I know across the thunder river is one, but it sounds like a campaign. I want stuff like Korvag Re...but not as expensive. If you need to have the book be a certain page count/$$ amount to make it viable, then put several non related (or loosely related if we GM's want) adventures together and let us insert them.

For my money, I think you're missing a great opportunity with the 'class books' the last 10-15 pages could have a flavored adventure using some of the new rules/locations found in the book.

Back