Changes to BE?

MajerBlundor

Mongoose
Hello!

I only own and have played the original hardcover BE. I'm considering BE:MC. What are the differences? Anything significant? Will probably buy no matter what since I really enjoy the original BE, so I'm mostly just curious.

Thanks in advance!

MB

There are some changes - but you will recognize the system and the changes are pretty much all for the better

I would be cool to have a consolidated list of what is different

- I know I've heard myself say - opps that's the way it used to be :oops:

Thanks for the info! I also found a description in the latests Portents.

I've just ordered from the Mongoose online store (couldn't find anyone in Atlanta who has it.) Looking forward to playing it!

MB

Rules changes in brief:

Many of the changes are going back to SST's rules than brand new changes - Fire zones have to be centred on a model now, you can ready as a reaction and "save" readies between turns. Special moves are back in (many units have a special move type (wheels, tracks, jump, or hover) that you have to ready to use, but can shoot during the move), cover is the main new thing - there's three levels of cover - obscured, light and heavy, with an increasing bonus to your armour save and kill score depending on how heavy it is.

The other main change is how the army lists work. Instead of picking an infantry or armour platoon and then having a set number of assets per squad/armour choice, now an infantry platoon can take 0-3 batallion (AKA support), Armour or Air assets. Transport assets are gone, replaces by the option for a squad to take an APC.

Armour platoons are more on the squadron/company level, with up to 9 armour assets allowed per "platoon" with 0-3 squad, batallion or air force assets.

Some forces vary from this template, and the MEA are wildly different.

Lorcan Nagle said:
...cover is the main new thing - there's three levels of cover - obscured, light and heavy, with an increasing bonus to your armour save and kill score depending on how heavy it is.
A quick search didn't find my answer, so I'll ask here:
If you don't have an armor save, do you get one when in cover? I would think you get a 7+ armor save, but couldn't find that anywhere.

Back