Centurai Techno-Mage?

ronbogard

Mongoose
On of my members of my gaming group asked me does a centurai Techno-mge still get to choose the nobl or commoner social Feats? I would say yes what about you guys?

id personaly say NO.. since the technomages are trained from a very yong age so they dont have the traditional viewpoints of there particular race..... you should read the Technomage Trillogy and you will understand..

I would think even if the Centauri in question gets accepted later on in life it would disqualify the person from social Centauri feats since they're not part of the Republic anymore.

I'll concur with LoneStranger and CartMag; for me it just wouldn't cut it. I'm still waiting for my copy of the Technomages Sourcebook, but I'm sure there are many feats for tecnomages only that would largely compensate for the loss of Centauri racial feats.

Make that 4 as those who doesn't think it's reasonable.

If you're feeling espically generous, you could always allow an extra feat that would be more appropriate since it seems just about ever race is getting one.

Sidney

I agree to a certain point. Those feats that are basicly racial cultural do not carry over (just like a Techno-Mage human should not be able to take nationalty feats).

But those feats that are more biological should be allowed. For example, their is a feat that allows a Centarui to control his tenticles. This is more physical and should be allowed as it has nothing really to do with culture.

This goes hand in hand with how I think that if a person (no matter what race) was born, grew up and lived on a planet housing a different race then he should be allowed to take cetain cultural racial feats. What makes a feat cultural and not biological is of course up to the GM.

Mage Ash said:
I think that if a person (no matter what race) was born, grew up and lived on a planet housing a different race then he should be allowed to take cetain cultural racial feats.

This will depend a lot on the nature of the racial feat. I could see any alien raised by Narn taking up a blood oath for the family that raised him/her, but no alien is going to gain the benefits of a noble house no matter how long they lived on Centauri. (One notable exception might be a human that the family was passing off as Centauri due to their very similar outward appearance).

As for a Technomage, a few cultural feats might survive, but very few. Any tied to the actions of others on the Homeworld have little chance, but a Centauri or Human Technomage might well emulate some aspects of their races behavior even if raised away from that culture. A good example (from, gack!! Star Trek) would be Worf. He was raised from childhood by humans, but he in fact was more Klingon than most of his own people. (He was the idealized Klingon rather than the reality of Klingon BECAUSE of his separation from his people).

Back