Centauri Adira Royal Battleship

Hi I have just seen that the Centauri Adira Royal Battleship will be released this month.
It appears to be an really nice ship but the price ....
Can someone tell me how big this ship will be ?
For about 50$ I think it must be the hell of a ship.

oh, it's big. Too big to make sense really, their are some pictures on the forums somewhere with other armageddon size ships next to standard ships.
Alas, if you are EA, your new ships are ok, and cost a decent price, but if you are not playing EA most of the new ships are a ludicrous size

Well the ships are huge in size, once you think, that size is realtive in a space miniatures game and not absolute. When comparing ship sizes.

Plus i think that 50 bucks is a bit much for the quality of the model offered. The models are decent, but for so much money i dont think that that is enough. Comparing to other stuff at 50 its rather lackluster.

I bought mine for $19.95 on pre-order, but haven't gotten it yet. I have to agree that for the price, it looks like it lacks a little in quality.

how on earth did you get it for so little?! thats less than half price?.

I know on of the suppliers in the UK listed it at £8.50 to my local store but it was quickly rectified to £25.

Having seen one in the model cases at mongoose, it's huge. Not so huge IMO as to warrant costing as much as a normal fleet box, but it's worth a fair old whack.

And the quality of the model looked pretty good to me. It's not overly done with the fine detail, but then no ACTA ships are - it's all in how you paint it.

Well if i think about the old WS compared to the new ones.....

And no i dont necessarily compare to other ships, but rather against other companies.

Size should not warrant for such prices when the detail as about the same as on a 20$ model. I have bought many models at 40-50 bucks and the new armageddon ships simply pale in comparison. Heck Forgeworld stuff at that price lvl looks ALOT better...... And theyre fraggin expensive.

hiffano said:
how on earth did you get it for so little?! thats less than half price?.

I know on of the suppliers in the UK listed it at £8.50 to my local store but it was quickly rectified to £25.

I was just perusing one of the web dealers sites that I purchase my stuff from and saw it. I quickly placed my order and since I have already paid for it I fully expect to get it for that price. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from them and it is a store, so they should honor it.

Well normally such shops have an information containing that price changes are possible, and such will be told to the customer who then has a choice of going with the new price or letting the order perish.......

If youre lucky he might not realize his mistake.

Size should not warrant for such prices when the detail as about the same as on a 20$ model. I have bought many models at 40-50 bucks and the new armageddon ships simply pale in comparison. Heck Forgeworld stuff at that price lvl looks ALOT better...... And theyre fraggin expensive

Unfortunately, I have to agree. The price verses the quality is probably the worst of any miniatures produced that I'm aware of, and I also buy a lot of mini's. It's disappointing, I really like the game and the B5 background, but I refuse to spend my money on bad looking models. Not only is the quality of the models poor, but the design of some of the new ones are just plain bad. The WS carrier, WS gunship, and the Liati all look ridiculous. On the other hand, all the new EA stuff looks excellent design wise. I still won't buy any until I see it upclose and personal. Because of the lack of quality in MP's models ( this does not include all of MP's model line, the Starship Trooper mini's actually look preety good. Go figure? ) the group I play with has decided to stick with our old Fleet Action scale stuff. I'll just convert or scratch build the new stuff coming out.

WS Carrier and Gunship are pretty cool IMO ;) Certainly when I first saw the pics on the web site and in the Armageddon book, they looked pretty hideous. But real-life, they are pretty good.

Can't say the same about the Abbai/Brakiri Boombox though...

Yeah that still gives me nightmares...

"President Sheridan the Combined Galactic Fleet is formed up and ready. The Drakh have just jumped in."
"Good send the Drakh the signal."
"Signal has been received, and they have agree to our terms."
"Excelent, now order everyone to target the Abbai/Brakiri boom-boxes. Blast those abominations out of our galaxy!!!"

Nick

I agree that the cost/quality doesn't work out. Even the EA ships just don't cut it IMO, though I think that's becuase of the rounded edges on everything (I much prefer the look of prelude_to_war's Nike).

And, what ever happened to the Juyaca? The one "armageddon" level ship mentioned in the original ACTA text, and it's not included?

Here's my thoughts on a Juyaca:

Turn 1/45
Speed 6"
Hull 6
Damage 82/16
Crew 85/20

Special: Jump Point, Huge Hangars 4 (for Tiraca/Bisaria), Interceptors 12 (Interceptors use Space Station rules).

Weapons:
Combat Laser, 24", Turret Arc, 6AD, Beam/Super AP/Precise
Combat Laser, 24", Turret Arc, 6AD, Beam/Super AP/Precise
Bolter Array, 10", Fore Arc, 10AD, AP/DD/Twin-Linked (Uses Dilgar Mod rules)
Bolter Array, 10", Port Arc, 10AD, AP/DD/Twin-Linked (Uses Dilgar Mod rules)
Bolter Array, 10", Starboard Arc, 10AD, AP/DD/Twin-Linked (Uses Dilgar Mod rules)
Bolter Array, 10", Aft Arc, 10AD, AP/DD/Twin-Linked (Uses Dilgar Mod rules)

Now that's a Drakh hunter!

i already posted a jucaya ages ago, yes it would have heavy bolters but not masters of destruction due to the abbai not actually wanting to be that destructtive.

Except that they built the Juyaca with the express intention of wiping out the Drakh. That's why they dusted off the Bolter tech, because they wanted the ship to have as much destructive potential as they could build into it.

yes but masters of destruction is an ability thats more to do with the state of mind and the fact that the dilgar tear ships apart for the hell of it, not just a bolters special rule, and sorry but i cant see the abbai ever being that sadistic.

here was my jucaya btw:

Juyaca Dreadnought WAR

Designed during the Abbai Juyaie or holy purge against the Drakh this vessel is the largest ship to come from the Abbai shipyards. Only a handful were ever made but wondered through alliance space searching for the Drakh. Using the best technology available to the Abbai this ship is probably the best protected vessel in the galaxy and using hidden away Dilgar technology it is also able to deal out more damage than otherwise would be expected from the Abbai with all round quad bolters in enough numbers to overwhelm Drakh GEGs, fore aft and turret mounted combat laser arrays plus light quad particle arrays for defence from Drakh raiders or other unknown fighters.
The Jucaya is also protected by a new advanced interceptor system making it the most protected vessel in the galaxy.

Speed:5 Damage: 82/18 Craft:none
Turn: 1/45 Crew: 96/18 Special: Advance Interceptors 2x6, Jump Point
Hull: 6 Troops:6 In Service: 2269+

Weapon Range Arc AD Special
Combat Laser 20 T 6 AP, Beam, Precise
Combat Laser 20 F 6 AP, Beam, Precise
Combat Laser 20 A 3 AP, Beam, Precise
Quad Bolter Array 10 F 8 AP, Double Damage, Twin Linked
Quad Bolter Array 10 A 8 AP, Double Damage, Twin Linked
Quad Bolter Array 10 P 8 AP, Double Damage, Twin Linked
Quad Bolter Array 10 S 8 AP, Double Damage, Twin Linked
Light Quad Particle 6 F 14 Weak, Twin Linked, Anti Fighter
Light Quad Particle 6 A 14 Weak, Twin Linked, Anti Fighter
Light Quad Particle 6 P 14 Weak, Twin Linked, Anti Fighter
Light Quad Particle 6 S 14 Weak, Twin Linked, Anti Fighter

Special Rules:
Advanced Interceptors: This vessel has interceptors on a scale with most space stations along with advanced defensive computer systems controlling them. In game terms this means you get 2 lots of 6 interceptor dice but only one set of interceptor dice may be used per enemy weapon being fired and which must be declared before attacker rolls attack dice (so you don't get to see if was worth using the good ones)
e.g.: opponent gets 3 hits, use set 1, roll 6 dice 1,2,3,4,5,6 stops the 1st hit
roll 5 dice, 2,2,3,4,5, stops 2nd hit. roll 3 dice 2,4,6 stops 3rd hit leaving 2 interceptors on 5+s. now next time an enemy declares weapons fire you may choose to use either the 2 interceptors on 5+s or the fresh batch of interceptors kept in reserve.
once all interceptors have been reduced to 1 dice on 6s to intercept then both sets may be combined, which means against attacks susceptible to interceptors you get a minimum 2 dice on 6+s to intercept.

Back