Cats, Bags, and Update 2022

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The cat is getting out of the bag, so...

Yes, these books are a thing, and you will be able to get your mitts on them very, very soon!

20312t5okdu71.jpg

r4mlf8vrkdu71.jpg

zpdoruwtkdu71.jpg

4lzvt31vkdu71.jpg

kxnc14zvkdu71.jpg

Wow. Looks absolutely amazing. I’d thought I had plenty of Traveller books - but clearly I’m wrong! :D

How will this work for those of us that bought the 2nd Edition in PDF? Will this update be considered a new book (pay full price), an Upgrade (discounted price), or an Errata (no cost update)? Or something else?

And... if a group of players decide to upgrade to the Update 2022 CRB, will there be a bulk discount available?

This is, in effect, a brand new book. We didn't simply 'upgrade' the previous rulebook but instead extracted the text from it and then treated that as 'raw', so it goes through the same processes as a brand new book, from editing to art and layout.

The flipside is that your current rulebooks are _not_ redundant. We have made sure they will remain completely compatible with all future Traveller books of this edition - in fact, you can use the previous book and Update 2022 at the same table without any clashes worth speaking of.

MongooseMatt said:
This is, in effect, a brand new book. We didn't simply 'upgrade' the previous rulebook but instead extracted the text from it and then treated that as 'raw', so it goes through the same processes as a brand new book, from editing to art and layout.

The flipside is that your current rulebooks are _not_ redundant. We have made sure they will remain completely compatible with all future Traveller books of this edition - in fact, you can use the previous book and Update 2022 at the same table without any clashes worth speaking of.

this is the way

Back