Career Book 1 from Spica Publishing

Spica Publishing Ltd is proud to announce the release of Career Book 1, available from DriveThruRPG.com.

Career Book 1 from Spica Publishing Ltd includes eight new careers for use in your Traveller game or campaign!

Adventurer: Having crossed sectors in your search, you finally locate the ancient device inscribed with alien writing. Travel, excitement, danger, ancient artefacts. This is why your patron pays you such good money!

Bounty Hunter: Any one. Any where. Any time. Dead or alive. For the right price.

Clergy: Bringing the message to the faithless, you carry out your work amongst both rich and the poor, saving souls and helping others to see the light.

Colonist: Chancing it all on a barren rock out in the middle of nowhere, if you find it, it's got your name on the claim.

Corporate Citizen: A hustler, a mover, a shaker, you make the big money decisions that keep the financial markets running like clockwork.

Militant Religious: When your god calls you to arms to convert the faithless, no task is too big and no goal too high. Your efforts will be rewarded in the afterlife!

Space Patrol: The Space Patrol deals with everything from docking bay infractions and dangerous orbital maneuvers to smugglers and pirates. Make sure you have your Pilot license with you!

Worker: The common man, Joe Plumber, no less, doing the essential jobs that no-one else wants to do.

Pre-Generated Characters: 28 pre-generated characters, three from each of the eight new careers, plus four multi-career characters, all pre-generated ready for when you need characters in a hurry!

Also inside you’ll find expanded Mishap and Events tables for seven of the core careers in the Traveller Main Book (available from Mongoose Publishing), and two alternative Life and Unusual Events tables for use during character generation.

mmm...eh?

So you've expanded Citizen-Colonist into..er..Colonist?

And Citizen-Worker into Worker?

And Citizen-Corporate into Corporate Citizen?

Give me an example of one,I am curious how you made Colonist into 3 variants

Delerium said:
Give me an example of one, I am curious how you made Colonist into 3 variants
The three variants of Colonist are Farmer, Miner and Settler (on a world
without a breathable atmosphere).

These variants make sense, for example the Miner has the Remote Ope-
rations skill which Mongoose's belter lacked for mysterious reasons (I
wonder how these belters control their mining droids ...).

I am glad that I bought Career Book 1, because most of the careers fit
my new Enki II setting almost perfectly well, the various tables include
lots of useful ideas, and the book even has some nice illustrations.

Career Book 1 said:
Assignments: Choose one of the following:
  • Farmer: Grows the food that keeps the colony alive.
  • Miner: Works in the mines that bring the colony wealth.
  • Settler: You are one of the brave that settle on a world without a breathable atmosphere.

I've bought it, read it, and like it. Well presented, and useful. I don't see why you can't do half-a-dozen supplements like this (with more careers), and they'll all sell for that price, I think.

How long to wait for a Ratcatcher career?

2 days at #2 on DTRPG, I believe congratulations are in order.
Currently beating the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, The Adventurer's Vault, The 4E PHB and plenty of other major titles is no small feat.

Back