Can I use posts from my blog for TAS?

So, something along the lines of Crossroads Adventures / Fighting Fantasy? Because that could be way cool.
I'm not sure what that is.

Hmm, glancing through it, I think it may be a bit close to fiction - I think something like this might work if you tied it in fully to the Traveller rules set, to the extent that the reader actually has and uses a character sheet?
I could teach the game using this.

Also, I've had to chop my trip to the UK in half due to lack of funding, so I won't be able to make it out to visit. Sorry.

Last edited:
Hey there,

Having a quick look I think we had it right - good for TAS, but it would have to be removed from the blog.

Slightly longer answer: I know the removal sounds a bit silly, but we have to apply the rules equally to everyone.
If this rule already exists in the terms & conditions, could it be emphasised for anyone who has material on their blogs? It could incentivise creators to put together their pieces for TAS publication separately from material that appears in their blogs, and clarify to creators where they stand with material that's already up on their sites.

I'm not sure what that is.

Fighting Fantasy was/is a (long) series of (pocket) books, back in the 1980's, each with a choose-your-own-adventure type story and a simple game system. The series was created by Ian Livingstone and (UK) Steve Jackson, who together also created a small game publisher called Games Workshop ;). The game books were (back then) published by Puffin, a subsidiary of Penguin, and easily available in bookstores (at least, that's my assumption. I'm Dutch, they were in local bookstores over here, and I saw them when visiting the UK). Not sure if they were as widely available in the US.

The fourth book was "Starship Traveller", from Wikipedia:
Starship Traveller is a single-player adventure gamebook written by Steve Jackson and illustrated by Peter Andrew Jones. Originally published by Puffin Books in 1983, the title is the fourth gamebook in the Fighting Fantasy series. It was later republished by Wizard Books in 2002. A digital version developed by Tin Man Games is available for Android, iOS, Windows 10, MacOS, and Linux.
I'm sure the Traveller in the title was a wink to the Traveller RPG, though it's the default UK English spelling of the word. The book seemed more inspired by Star Trek than Traveller.

To be honest, it didn't stuck with me as much as some of the other early books in the series, Forest of Doom (#3), City of Thieves (#5) and Deathtrap Dungeon (#6) (all fantasy) worked better for me.

Back