Call for photos again

Rather than a single ship in the photo, why not photograph two or three ships for each fleet together? You'd get a better "feel" for the miniatures line for each race and you could show off some of the nicer models.

For instance, for the Centauri Republic fleet you'd want the Primus, Vorchan and perhaps the Centurion or Maximus.

For the Earth Alliance 3rd age fleet, the Omega, Hyperion and Olympus would be ideal.

Captain David the Denied said:
For the Earth Alliance 3rd age fleet, the Omega, Hyperion and Olympus would be ideal.

You caould also try some of the Lord of the Rings photo trickery to make the Olympus look the right size.

Chern,

I've almost a full Dilgar fleet that isn't painted too much like drek. I'll post it later this week. It isn't standard Dilgar colors by any means -- a Blue and Orange scheme -- and a few other (possibly delusional) folks have said it looks OK. Use it as you see fit.

Should be up by Friday.

I'd prefer models from the current range (at least in scale) if possible.
As far as shot composition, I'm going to be photosopping out the model itself and superimposing it on a starry background, so if the picture is too crowded, the ships will sind up looking very small, and I'd like to able to show off some of all your work!

Chern

VorlonHeavyCruiser.jpg

CentauriBattlecruiserGladius.jpg

B51008.jpg

when you still need it... :wink:

more here:http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/urobach81/

Urobach, good stuff!!! 8)

I can use the Vorlon HC as is, and I like the primus as well, but any chanch you can use a different background? Your G'quan I'd like to use also, but the hex background doesn't help there either.

3 cheers!

Chern

Chernobyl said:
Urobach, good stuff!!! 8)

I can use the Vorlon HC as is, and I like the primus as well, but any chanch you can use a different background? Your G'quan I'd like to use also, but the hex background doesn't help there either.

3 cheers!

Chern

I will photograph the other ships times still on white background.

Update: I've done a LOT of website work this weekend, I'm shooting to have the new site "on the air" on October 1st.

Chern

thanks guys, those pictures look great...pretty much exactly the angles I was imagining!
I'll get to work on those tonight.

Chern

urobach81 said:
Ok, here are the better pics of the G´Quan and Primus, now

gquan.jpg
primus.jpg

Nice job on the G'Quan, I totaly dig the "pointy bits" on the wing pods. I love it when someone puts that little extra effort into their kit.

I agree, I've got some great submissions. OK, well, I've got about half the fleet pages set up with a ship representation.

Still looking for:

Minbari Sharlin
Dilgar something or other
Abbai Bimith
Drazi Sunhawk
Vree Xill
Raider Strike Carrier
Drakh Raider (either)
Ancient (maybe the one from sigma 957)
and a civilian starliner

Chernobyl

Boots said:
Nice job on the G'Quan, I totaly dig the "pointy bits" on the wing pods. I love it when someone puts that little extra effort into their kit.

Thanks.
I give all my ships those little "extra" details. I still love details. I think it looks simply better then the normal models. :wink:

chern, when you still need a sharlin...

1sharlin1.jpg

Back