By popular demand, the Armageddon points breakdowns

lastbesthope

Mongoose
This is a definitive listong of all the possible points splits under Armageddon rules, as confirmed by Matthew Sprange, and checked independently by yours truly, on this thread in Rulesmasters:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21765

Burger said:
I think this covers it? ;)

Patrol
1 Patrol

Skirmish
1 Skirmish
2 Patrol

Raid
1 Raid
2 Skirmish
1 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
3 Patrol

Battle
1 Battle
2 Raid
1 Raid, 2 Skirmish
1 Raid, 1 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
1 Raid, 3 Patrol
3 Skirmish
2 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
6 Patrol

War
1 War
2 Battle
1 Battle, 2 Raid
1 Battle, 1 Raid, 2 Skirmish
1 Battle, 1 Raid, 1 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
1 Battle, 1 Raid, 3 Patrol
1 Battle, 3 Skirmish
1 Battle, 2 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
1 Battle, 6 Patrol
3 Raid
2 Raid, 2 Skirmish
2 Raid, 1 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
2 Raid, 3 Patrol
6 Skirish
5 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
12 Patrol

Armgeddon
1 Armageddon
2 War
1 War, 2 Battle
1 War, 1 Battle, 2 Raid
1 War, 1 Battle, 1 Raid, 2 Skirmish
1 War, 1 Battle, 1 Raid, 1 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
1 War, 1 Battle, 1 Raid, 3 Patrol
1 War, 1 Battle, 3 Skirmish
1 War, 1 Battle, 2 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
1 War, 1 Battle, 6 Patrol
1 War, 3 Raid
1 War, 2 Raid, 2 Skirmish
1 War, 2 Raid, 1 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
1 War, 2 Raid, 3 Patrol
1 War, 6 Skirish
1 War, 5 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
1 War, 12 Patrol
3 Battle
2 Battle, 2 Raid
2 Battle, 1 Raid, 2 Skirmish
2 Battle, 1 Raid, 1 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
2 Battle, 1 Raid, 3 Patrol
2 Battle, 3 Skirmish
2 Battle, 2 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
2 Battle, 6 Patrol
6 Raid
5 Raid, 2 Skirmish
5 Raid, 1 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
5 Raid, 3 Patrol
12 Skirmish
11 Skirmish, 2 Patrol
24 Patrol

LBH

a listong?
is that a term for a long list?
which it most certainly is.
How about we make the game even more complex?!

hiffano said:
a listong?
It's actually quite simple in applocation. I personally preferred the graphic explanation, wherever it was. It caused some confusion at first in playtesting, but now it's far easier than the SFoS splits, since it's a system, not a set of individual rules.

Wulf

Wulf Corbett said:
hiffano said:
a listong?
It's actually quite simple in applocation. I personally preferred the graphic explanation, wherever it was. It caused some confusion at first in playtesting, but now it's far easier than the SFoS splits, since it's a system, not a set of individual rules.

Wulf

I'll have to get me a graphic breakdown, the joy of priorities was the speed I could pick fleet, now it's just a pain.

Graphical options eh, how about this? (Illustrating options for splitting a battle point)

OPTION A
SplitA.jpg

OPTION B
SplitB.jpg

OPTION C
SplitC.jpg

OPTION D
SplitD.jpg

OPTION E
SplitE.jpg

OPTION F
SplitF.jpg

OPTION G
SplitG.jpg

How about a different colour for the ships you actually get, and points that have been re-splot... eg. in option G it is not totally clear that you get 1 Raid, 1 Shirmish and 2 Patrol.

Well, a lot of the choices in the point breakdowns can be eliminated. Some options are generally better than others, in how a FAP breaks down.
For instance, there are only 2 ways to break down an Armageddon FAP such that you get only 3 ships. One gets you 3 Battle, the other gets you 2 Battle and 1 War. Generally speaking a war choice is always better/more powerful than a battle choice, so the favorable breakdown is the 2 battle and 1 war.
Some instances are not as clear cut. There are only 2 ways to get 13 ships in an armageddon FAP split; one gives 12 patrol and 1 War, the other gives 2 patrol and 11 skirmish. Its hard to say which of these is clearly better, so they can both stay in the breakdown
By doing this you can eliminate half of the 32 Amageddon breakdowns, 7 of the 16 War breakdowns, 3 of the 8 Battle breakdowns, and 1 of the 4 raid breakdowns.

Chern

Chernobyl said:
Well, a lot of the choices in the point breakdowns can be eliminated. Some options are generally better than others, in how a FAP breaks down.
For instance, there are only 2 ways to break down an Armageddon FAP such that you get only 3 ships. One gets you 3 Battle, the other gets you 2 Battle and 1 War. Generally speaking a war choice is always better/more powerful than a battle choice, so the favorable breakdown is the 2 battle and 1 war.
Some instances are not as clear cut. There are only 2 ways to get 13 ships in an armageddon FAP split; one gives 12 patrol and 1 War, the other gives 2 patrol and 11 skirmish. Its hard to say which of these is clearly better, so they can both stay in the breakdown
By doing this you can eliminate half of the 32 Amageddon breakdowns, 7 of the 16 War breakdowns, 3 of the 8 Battle breakdowns, and 1 of the 4 raid breakdowns.

Chern

Besides, there may be instances when 3 battle would be better than 1 War and 2 Battle. Not very many at all, but it might come up. (From a Drakh P.O.V. i reckon there's probably gonna be some times when I'd rather have 3 Cruisers than 2 Cruisers and a Mothership, like doing a quick long range strike and getting the hell out of dodge than standing and fighting)

The list should be left complete, because not every fleet has ships in every priority level. Some situations it is better to buy lower, as well... for example in Blockade Run, I could take 1 WSC-2 and 2 WS for a War point, but I'd chose 3 WS over this any day because of the extra speed.

I have only been playing B5 for a few months and the game level issue seems complex.

Why not just use :

Patrol = 1
Skirmish = 2
Raid = 4
Battle = 8
War = 16
Armg'n = 32

The level of the game is established as normal (eg 5 Raid points) this means that the game is set at raid level to determine victory etc, and players can have any combination up to 20 points ?

What do you think ?

Is it OK to: 1 war = 6 Skirmish then go up and get 1 raid???

1war = 6skirmish = 1raid + 4skirmish ????

Arcadia.

lastbesthope said:
No it's not.

You can only get the splits that are shown in the first post.

LBH

Why can't you get 1 Raid and 4 Skirmish?

War = 3 raid
Break 2 Raid to 4 skirmish

seems ok to me

Dave

Ripple said:
Because every time you split, you can only split one of the resulting points further down.

Ripple

Yes can´t split further down. But can you buy up????

1war = 6skirmish = 1raid + 4skirmish ????

I get it is not possible, but low end fleets (Drazi) are force to take ships they may not want!!! You may want to take a solarhawk but not two!!

Arcadia

Back