Bugs on a Train, SST Battle report

Xin, Thanks for hosting a great game. I had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing you put those suggested gun emplacement assets on the train. And I loved your fleet landing party so much I'm going to try and make mine in a similar fashion instead of my current proxies. Thanks again!

No, I used the standard base. But being a plastic figure I hate the way they get knocked over or what stand up, so I wanted to add some weight to the base. I glued a 7/8 inch metal washer into the hollow of the base.

Looks like you had a great time.... Just wonder if the train tried to run over the tanker before it jumped on it.... what would have happened?

Can you do a breif summary of the scenario rules you came up with for thios, as I am sure there will be lots of other people than just me that will be intrested in something like this.

The only complaint I have is that you haven't got a slideshow with all the pics in :lol:

cordas said:
Looks like you had a great time.... Just wonder if the train tried to run over the tanker before it jumped on it.... what would have happened?

For simplicity sake the train was made invulnerable in the game and had no stats. This question did however occur in the game. As the Arachnid player I proposed that since the Tanker Bug had moved into contact with the train when it was stationary, and as both were size 4, that the tanker would stop the train from gaining enough forward inertia to move itself forward from a stopped position. That's how we played it. A compromise was that I wasn't able to use the train as cover while sitting on the front glacis of the engine.

Nods, it does it keep it simple to just make the train another peice of terrain, even thou its placement on the table was randomly generated.

However as the MI player having the option of ramming several hundred (if not thousand) tons of steel over the top of a tanker bug does have a certain amount of appeal :twisted: 8)

cordas said:
Just wonder if the train tried to run over the tanker before it jumped on it.... what would have happened?
It would have went off the track and p*** off the tanker, or would kill it.

Anyhoo, great game! Maybe you should have a varient scenerio where the MI have to defend the train untill it can deliver its cargo to a depot or something like that. I'd say those MI need some more firepower too :)

CmdrKiley said:
Thanks Xintao. That train idea was good. I'm getting one for myself now.

Yeah, he's got a great talent for finding old toys to convert into gaming items. I went out and won an ebay auction for the same train the next day after playing in his game. Actually it might have even been the very same night. :lol:

From a Mongoose bits order I already had 4 Scythe Lasers with posts but without the tripod bases that I may use to mount on the train car rooftops. I just need to drill 4 holes and in go the weapon mountings.

Back