Brothers In Armss - Request for Army Lists

Eisho

Mongoose
The thread about the results of the Brothers in Arms tourney seems to have been deleted. I was interested though about the army lists used. I would greatly appreciate it (and I'm sure others would too) if the attendees could take a few minutes to write down their army lists.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Eisho

Mr Evil$ U$MC

9 $hadow$ = 630 point$
1 $sqaud of U$MC minu$ a $ection = 105 point$

Total = 735

Angry Angels £FTF

1 Brit command squad = 75 points
3 Brit Warriors = 525 point
1 squad of Brits minus a section = 85 points

Total = 685

Game plan was hide infantry, use Shadows to attack big scarry stuff that can kill a warior, then once they were eliminated use warriors to mob enemy infantry and light vehicles up.

Game plan and army list was worked out night befor between 1 and 2am after a few pints and 2 black sambukas, when a passing coment about being different and not having any tanks came to pass.

il get some pics up laters all going well.

Low roller 1-1 and LBH

2 british command section
2 infantry section teams 1 & 2
2 infantry section team 1
2 challenger 2's

The extra move abilbe to the challys made them very very good also runningthings over in them was a lot of fun :lol:

I partnered up with David in a combined EFTF army.

I fielded:
- Brit Command Squad - 75pts
- 2x Warrior - 350pts
- 2x Infantry Section - 320pts
- Total - 745pts

Dave fielded (I hope I recall correctly):
- Brit Command Squad - 75pts
- Challenger 2 MBT - 425pts
- Infantry Section - 160pts
- Half Infantry Section - 85pts
- Total - 745pts

The Warrior's were the most diappointing unit. They gave out some damage to light vehicles and infantry, but were a little fragile - especially when rammed. :?

I learned two very big things.
1) Know the rules - I removed so many infantry that wouldn't have been killed had i remembered that cover adds +2 to Kill as well as Target. Oops. :oops:
2) Know your units. The Warrior's 40mm cannon can fire every action, not just once a turn like the main gun on the Challeneger. RTFC, Shane! :oops:

I learned other things too:
1) Facing groups of nine Shadows means you get slapped around. Mr Evil, living up to his name! :twisted:
2) Don't ignore Technicals just 'cause you have an armoured vehicle. They can ram and close combat warriors - sometimes two in a given round!
3) Dice rolls with a 10% chance of destroying a vehicle will come up 90% of the time.
4) If gunships get in the air, they are dangerous!

Reactions really do make the game fun to play. Not only do you get a chance to stay involved during your opponent's turn, but they make sense, too.

A few things stood out as a bit wrong, concerning non-armoured vehicles and cover and also non-tracked vehicles having free movement, so can scoot anywhere without turning circles, etc, but Matt has alluded to a lot of the stuff that is a little loose in the simple rules (not necessarily a bad thing as they are the simple rules) being fixed in the advanced rules. Another thing was the fact that taking nothing but light transports and a few infantry is a game winning strategy with no base in reality. Thankfully the army list structure will stop that happening in future games.

On balance BF:Evo is looking good. Very good.

All-in-all, a good day.

Shane

have to say shane if you droped a comand section for another half of a brit squad you would have had a perfectly balanced force for 1500. so on that note id say you had the most balanced army in the tourny, and against us one of your warrirs payed for itself in shadow kills, and the look on your face when we pointed out you can shoot twice or evan 3 times with your warrior was magical, big grin from you i remember !!

Sounds like much fun was had :) Looking forward to seeing some pics...

Also there mention of attack helicopters getting into the air..... I want to know more about that :)

Mr Evil said:
have to say shane if you droped a comand section for another half of a brit squad you would have had a perfectly balanced force for 1500. so on that note id say you had the most balanced army in the tourny, and against us one of your warrirs payed for itself in shadow kills, and the look on your face when we pointed out you can shoot twice or evan 3 times with your warrior was magical, big grin from you i remember !!

Thing is, the Command Squad is a must-have unit for the Brits, so there is no way I'd have dropped it.

And yeah, it was nice of you to point out about the Warrior's Cannon, even if your Shadows did come to suffer for it. Still, didn't change the end result - the CKEMs on those little Shadows are dangerous!

Shane

Mr. Evil used Marines?!?!?!

I always suspected you of being a closet Capitalist comrade :p

Nice commentary guys. Good to know about the Warrior's 40.

I fielded:

4 MEA Technicals
2 Boxes worth of Fedayeen
2 Boxes worth of MEA infantry...

This was 740 points, very simple, fairly effective.

lol yeah them feeds the USMC and brits have muller pla in cover.

lee took out all bar one member of my 5 man usmc squad from one chally shot, was probably the most destructive hit i received in in any game.

so all infantry, would not of worked, plus i like to play fast and loose.... oooo err

Low Roller 1-1 said:
Cailet said:
If you'd gone all-infantry now THEN...

You would have still lost your PLA :oops: :roll:

Yes but that's 'cause I'm incompetent.

Plus this shiny Type 99 would have been able to do something but hide/go down in a blaze of glory in the last 3 games :p

Cailet said:
Low Roller 1-1 said:
Cailet said:
If you'd gone all-infantry now THEN...

Plus this shiny Type 99 would have been able to do something but hide/go down in a blaze of glory in the last 3 games :p

your type 99 did take alot of abuse from us evan in the open it was ok !!! my dice rolls were its bigest advantage, ive never rolled so many 1-3s in any game befor lol

Mr Evil said:
Cailet said:
Low Roller 1-1 said:

your type 99 did take alot of abuse from us evan in the open it was ok !!! my dice rolls were its bigest advantage, ive never rolled so many 1-3s in any game befor lol

True. That was a hell of a last stand :D

Shane_Mclean said:
Thing is, the Command Squad is a must-have unit for the Brits, so there is no way I'd have dropped it.

Hmmm...Generally if something is must-have unit then there's something wrong with the game balance...

Back