Brand new

quietandy

Mongoose
Hello everybody!

As you can gather this is my first post.

I saw Victory at Sea at the show in York the other Sunday i was intrigued to say the least. What also appealed to me was that the ships looked big enough for my dad (who is partially sighted) to see and use so i could get him involved as he has a big interest in Naval actions in ww2.

So i bought a couple of ships from the stall (Bismarck, Hood, Exeter and King George) just to confirm the size etc. Turns out good.

So where to go next? I suppose the rule book would be a good starting point? Is there a starter set available?

Any advice for painting tutorials etc would be appreciated also.

Thanks for reading.

Andrew

Hey there,

We are currently in a 'quiet' spot for Victory at Sea - there is a new edition coming out in August, so if you can just hang on until then, you will have all the ships and starter sets you could want!

Hi Andrew,

First of all welcome to the forums, I cant speak highly enough of Mongoose Publishing's 1:1800th scale Victory at Sea miniatures. As a WWII Naval Wargamer for the past 8 years I can honestly say that at this scale you will not find better.

I plan to write a Pictorial Tutorial on how to paint V@S miniatures, of course this is using a very simple 4 step process using wargaming acrylics, there are certainly many different ways to paint your miniatures, but I am happy to show the forum how I do it. Who knows it could be helpful to those guys that are just starting out. I am involved with many other forums so I can probably not start this in the interim but certainly plan to get started this year at some stage.

HMS Rodney - Mongoose Publishing's HMS Nelson

Again Welcome Andrew!!! :D :D :D

Dan

Back