BMP-3 and Stryker diecasts

Iain McGhee

Mongoose
I was hunting around for some cheapish diecasts for WAW (Dragon ones can be pretty expensive) and came across the Easy Models range. Might be of interest to MC players that they do a pretty good modern range too, including the hard to source 1/72 BMP-3 and Strykers, as well as several versions of more common vehicles. Tanks tend to be around the £8 mark, although I've seen them for less on the net.

35050.jpg

just type in "easy stryker" into ebay ;)

here's a link to their catalogue on diecast72.com:
http://www.diecast72.com/easycatalog.asp

google "easy models" and several model shops come up that stock their range.

cheers

or type "easy russian" into ebay and you get the BTR for example ;)

i starting to realise why nothing is selling on ebay !!!!

here is the 1/72 scale btr-80 by the way

09ed_1.JPG

indeed but im trying to help.

your find most stuff is kit form from easy, but they do do a few bits or ready made gear... the simple search sugested on ebay will alert you when it is available, just check every week or so.

Don't have a link to the 2007-2008 catalogue I saw them in (spotted them on a cafe PC, don't mind what I typed and couldn't spot it from here with a quick search-different engine) but the US site "the motor pool" has them as pre-orders (with drawings from the catalogue) although I'm sure the catalogue had them as "out now". I've had a look at the Strykers at my local model shop and they're pretty good.

scroll to the bottom of the page I linked above and the 2007/8 catalogue is there - for some reason the 2006 catalogue is at the top of the page, go figure. :wink:

£12 over here, full range is available in the UK at Tankzone (although BMP-3 and others are listed as "coming soon"), also do some nice Blackhawks for slightly more.

No, they're not diecasts. I just meant that I'd been looking for some and cam across the Easy range (which are essentially just prebuilt + painted Trumpeter kits). Not that Dragon and the like are fully diecast either, all the bits most likely to break are plastic :wink:

Back