Blowing Up Buildings

stapebren

Mongoose
Hello All
New to this game.I played a game this weekend.Marines against the MEA.
Things were going well.I had my troops and my Recon in cover of a building.My buddy new it would be very hard to get me out of my cover so he fired his Cornet missle launcher and he hit and it dropped the building.There went most of my troops.Next turn he fired three of those rockets and there went my recon.

Ok I get it the rocket is made for taking out tanks but a building.We used the rules for taking down structures and my guys were in some solded cover.Commercial blocks and Industral houses but come on.There was no place to hide.Those rockets have a D10+2 right?I thought that was a bit over the top.I get a tank taking down a building but come on.That was his plan the whole game sit back and kill the building cover with my guys in it.He had three of the rockets in one squad.

Were we playing that right or were we missing something
If not thay have to be the toughest weapons in the game.I mean my tank can only fire once at 400+ points and he can field Fedayeen squad for alot less and kill more than my tank

Please clear this up for me please.
Dan

Depends on the Kill number of your buildings. But if it was low enough, the yep the building can come down fast.

That is apart of the game that I believe needs some work. The structure and Emplacement sections of the game rules. If you have time come over to www.evocommand.com We have been having a discussion for sometime about this subject and others.

Basically I have a proposal to handle Structures Target and Kill numbers differently than in MP's rules. In a nut shell If you met the target number you roll 1d6 and take that many hits to the stucture, but you get to take a armor roll as normal, but without modifiers.

If the Kill number is met, roll 1d6 again, but this time when you take your armor save, you apply the modifiers. Once all the hits are used up the building goes down.

Discuss your ideas at evocommand.

Back