Blake's 7 is coming back

Matt,

A Traveller adaptation of the Blake's 7 universe would be fantastic. But would a hypothetical Mongoose product focus on the original series or the forthcoming remake?

(I may be out on my own here, but I also really enjoyed the recent audiobook reboot of Blake's 7 - the scripts by Ben Aaronovitch and James Swallow addressed some of the discrepancies from the original series, plus some of the casting was inspired. It's a pity that more people don't know about this version...)

This is an exciting development. Our group considered a Blake’s 7 campaign in the 1980s. In our current Far Future campaign, characters refer the acceleration of a ship by increments of its standard acceleration (Starship Operator’s Manual, p.3), e.g. the Glimmerdrift Crusader might blast away from dock at standard by 4 for a few minutes. This is a legacy of Blake’s 7 in which the velocity of Liberator was described by increments of its standard speed. Our Far Future campaign also uses the term spacial as a unit of distance (as opposed to fractions of a light second in our Interstellar Wars campaign). If Mongoose Publishing wishes to explore a comprehensive guide to the original series, I recommend Tony Attwood, Blake’s 7 The Programme Guide (London: W.H. Allen, 1982).

msprange said:
Here's a question for you chaps...

At ClaudiaCon, I was sitting next to the chap who owns the rights to Blake's 7. And we kinda got chatting about a Traveller version.

What would you give to see such a thing?
Do you take souls? :)

Do you take souls?
Depends if you have the rights to them. Legal debates can wrangle on for ages.

Internal organs are generally better. I only need one lung and kidney, after all...

Prime_Evil said:
(I may be out on my own here, but I also really enjoyed the recent audiobook reboot of Blake's 7 - the scripts by Ben Aaronovitch and James Swallow addressed some of the discrepancies from the original series, plus some of the casting was inspired. It's a pity that more people don't know about this version...)
Agreed, I prefer those to the more recent Big Finish releases. Some of the early pre Liberator adventures of the crew are great backstories.

Mixed feeling about this. First, I would like to see Blake's 7 on the small screen again, but given how remakes generally go. They either start out really strong (BSG) and fall short at the end (BSG), or are flat right from the start (US version of "Being Human"). I will give it a chance to be sure, if it is eventually aired in Canada.

Oh, and I would drop some of my hard earned $$$ on a B7 rpg.

Lord High Munchkin said:
Depends who is playing Servalan.

And Avon or Villa.

Its odd but to me the most remembered characters where not the "Main" people like Blake but Avon who was far and away the best (and most evil) of them, Villa who was the clown of the team and of course Dress of the week, erm I mean Servalan who was technicaly the bad guy (girl) but ended up taking second place to Avon so often.

Back