Big List of Official Spells

Good list.

I miss "Legions of the Dead"

About "Fangs of the Night"

Some have speculated that "Fangs of the Night" is from the Nature Style, but this is not possible. The only known sorceress Zuthelia who had knowledge of this spell did not know the "Nature Style"

Her Styles are Summoning, Necromancy and Hypnotism.

"Fangs of the Night" is not of the Hypnotism Style, that is for sure.

There seems no direct contact to demons or other supernatural creature so this should not be of the Summoning Style either.

I suggest the spell is from the Necromancy Style. It works with Poison (and most Necromancy Spells work either with the undead, diesease or similar death effects, so a poisonous attack would make sense)

It would be nice to see all spells with complete descriptions in one book one day, maybe in a Signs & Portents Special.

Just my thoughts...

Hyboria's Finest

Curses
Cursed Unto the Last Generation*

Divination
Homunculus Communication

Nature Magic
Snake Arrow

Necromancy
Legions of the Dead*
Simulacrum*
Summon Essence
Usurpation of the Soul
Zukala's Jest*

Is Hyboria's Finest already on stores?

Anything you can tell us about the spells on the book or whether there are any new rulings about sorcerers?

Turim said:
I'm working on a spell list like these, too. Could someone tell me the prerequisites for Legions of the Dead (Signs & Portents #9)? And if anyone knows about additional spells in other S&P issues I'd appreciate if you would post the names, prerequisites, and issue numbers here.

Are the articles printed in S&P Open content?

Maximo: I don't know about stores, as a friend of mine ordered it directly from Mongoose. The only new sorcerer rules that I remember are new uses for skills. Priests can convert people, and astrology can be used to boost your spells a little. I'll get back to the spells later, unless someone else beats me to it.

MightyCthulhu: I have no idea, I just figured it wouldn't really be copyright infringement to list names and prerequisites only. Judging by the lack of responses, I guess there are no more spells in S&P anyway.

Turim: I just figured I'd post the whole spell entry if it wasn't a violation.

Legions of the Dead
Prerequisites: MAB 10+, Raise Corpse

The description doesn't specify the school, but I think necromancy is a safe guess. :twisted:

Turim wrote
The only new sorcerer rules that I remember are new uses for skills. Priests can convert people

This reminds me of Arus the Nemedian trying to convert Pictish Warlord Gorm to civilization. It seems he fumbled that roll... :lol:

Here is a brief description of the new spells for those who can't (but has to) wait for the new book.

Cursed Unto the Last Generation: Make a curse you place on someone affect his or her descendants.

Homunculus Communication: This is basically a Hyborian cellular phone :).

Snake Arrow: Turn a snake into a poisonous arrow.

Legions of the Dead: Make lots of temporary risen dead.

Simulacrum: Make a duplicate of a creature, with great strengths and weaknesses relative to the original.

Summon Essence: Summon several ghost-ghouls.

Usurpation of the Soul: Send your soul into someone elses body and control it.

Zukala's Jest: Steal a soul and turn it into a very beautiful girl.

Turim said:
Cursed Unto the Last Generation: Make a curse you place on someone affect his or her descendants.
I like the sound of that one... :twisted:

Turim said:
...and that one too! :shock:

Thanks for the preview, Turim! Can't wait to get a copy of my own.

Turim said:
Here is a brief description of the new spells for those who can't (but has to) wait for the new book.

Homunculus Communication: This is basically a Hyborian cellular phone :).

Snake Arrow: Turn a snake into a poisonous arrow.

Legions of the Dead: Make lots of temporary risen dead.

Simulacrum: Make a duplicate of a creature, with great strengths and weaknesses relative to the original.

Summon Essence: Summon several ghost-ghouls.

Usurpation of the Soul: Send your soul into someone elses body and control it.

Was this all of the new spells? When I was reading the description on the book they said there would be new sorcery styles.

Shaw Coyote: This is it, I'm afraid. And they're all from existing styles. If it is any consolation, several of these spells have great flavour, and most have new and unique effects in Conan. And a spell like Snake Arrow, which I honestly would expect to be a weak 1d8 Con Fort Negates affair, is surprisingly potent.

Doom this

conaf25.jpg

Turim said:
Shaw Coyote: This is it, I'm afraid. And they're all from existing styles. If it is any consolation, several of these spells have great flavour, and most have new and unique effects in Conan. And a spell like Snake Arrow, which I honestly would expect to be a weak 1d8 Con Fort Negates affair, is surprisingly potent.

Glad I cancelled my on-line order then! I'll get to look thru it at the store and see if there's anything good. Thanks for the help.

Bregales: Although I vaguely remember not liking how Thulsa Doom or Conan was portrayed in the movie, that first picture is still a great one.

Shaw Coyote: I'm not sure if this came across well in my last post, but I liked the spells in HF. I don't know how many of the books in the Conan line you have access to, but as you can see from the list in this thread most books have very few spells compared to D&D 3.5 products. If you want more spells and don't mind unofficial material, Raven has made quite a few spells.

Yogah of Yag: Vincent is usually very quick to help people who have questions about his books. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't said anything yet about this obvious typo in HF :).

Back