BFE gaming idea (when it comes out)

Hey everyone!

Well there is this game coming out at somepoint for ps3 called Resistance: the Fall of Man. But anyways it takes place in the near future, like a few years from now, when people discover an alien race and by accident they get to Earth and begin taking it over. It sounds very cool, so I was thinking BFE, so well I was just wanting to share :) , I'll be doing a campaign or something similar when BFE comes out :wink:

Oh and of course buy the video game too lol

Dr.Ravingburger said:
I thought it took place in WW2. At least, that was what I heard.

Nah. Wasn't that the space lizards invading during WW2 in the 'World At War' (followed by 'Colonization') series of books by Harry (OMG he's bloody tedious) Turtledove? :)

Cheers

Derek

roughneck GIR said:
ewww, no.

But that brings to mind conversions for BF:E. I'd like to see a 'Nam conversion myself. TAG's has their great "Up Country" minis which I'd love to get my hands on too.

Pippi Longstocking said:
roughneck GIR said:
ewww, no.

But that brings to mind conversions for BF:E. I'd like to see a 'Nam conversion myself. TAG's has their great "Up Country" minis which I'd love to get my hands on too.
Whats wrong with ps3?
and well I like the idea of modern armies despiratly trying to hold back invading aliens 8)

roughneck GIR said:
Pippi Longstocking said:
roughneck GIR said:
ewww, no.

Whats wrong with ps3?
and well I like the idea of modern armies despiratly trying to hold back invading aliens 8)

Thats why I will be using BFE to fight battles using my Jaffa miniatures :D

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
roughneck GIR said:
Pippi Longstocking said:
ewww, no.

Whats wrong with ps3?

And me, my tyranids(or anything else I can get my hands on like dinosoars :D )

roughneck GIR said:
Whats wrong with ps3?
The PS3 is
a. Very expensive
b. Stole technology from the Wii
c. Giant enemy crab
d. Only shipping 10,000 (maybe 100,000) units.

You'll hear worse from other people.

BUT NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR A CONSOLE DEBATE! THERE IS A TOPIC TO DISSCUSS!

You may go about your buisness now

Pippi Longstocking said:
roughneck GIR said:
Whats wrong with ps3?
The PS3 is
a. Very expensive
c. Giant enemy crab

MmmmHmmm, the W11( :p ) is a rip off, stolen tech? Come on sony came up with the dvd and music capabilities for consoles, but I isn't goin' to argue over anything, as I much prefer ps and xbox(360 sux, except halo3) over all others.

I'm going to google R:fm for some more info and pics, hmm thats odd I read it took place in a couple of years from now, plus I've seen a gameplay demo(like those ones at e3 where a company dude gives you some fluff then plays the game on a big screen while a crowd watches like it's in a movie theatre) and the guy he played had an assualt rifle, unless those artists suck at making BAR guns :lol: .

See yah!

roughneck GIR said:
Pippi Longstocking said:
roughneck GIR said:
Whats wrong with ps3?
The PS3 is
a. Very expensive
c. Giant enemy crab

MmmmHmmm, the W11( :p ) is a rip off, stolen tech?

Nah, sony announced they were going to add a motion-tracking feature to the PS3 pads after they say the Weeeeeeeeeeee!'s controller.

Just to remind you all of something that's been said previously -

Starship Troopers Evolution and Battlefield Evolution will be completely compatible, so you can have the Brits facing off against an Arachnid horde if you wish (who wants Pathfinders when you can have the SAS :twisted: ).

Lieutenant Rasczak said:

Don't kill me for this one - but Dark Eldar would make a half-decent base for Wraith conversions, and you've got the best part of a Wraith Dart by grabbing a Raider and a Jetbike...

Reborn said:
Just to remind you all of something that's been said previously -

Starship Troopers Evolution and Battlefield Evolution will be completely compatible, so you can have the Brits facing off against an Arachnid horde if you wish (who wants Pathfinders when you can have the SAS :twisted: ).

Hence I've already written and playtested Jaffa rules :)

mthomason said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:

Don't kill me for this one - but Dark Eldar would make a half-decent base for Wraith conversions, and you've got the best part of a Wraith Dart by grabbing a Raider and a Jetbike...

Not the first to spot that Buddy :D

Reborn said:
How? You don't have the BFE rules yet...

Well we know BF Evo and SST Evo will be compatible, so if you write rules to fit the current SST you should get pretty close and just have to tweak them to fit the new rules once they're out.

mthomason said:
Reborn said:
How? You don't have the BFE rules yet...

Well we know BF Evo and SST Evo will be compatible, so if you write rules to fit the current SST you should get pretty close and just have to tweak them to fit the new rules once they're out.
Exactly, oh and I just watched the game clip again and, yes you where right it takes play in wwII as an alternate history, I'm still buying though lol and the ps3

Back