BF:E Scenery idea, Ziterdes scenery question & an experi

lastbesthope

Mongoose
Hi guys,

1) I was thinking about scenery for BF Evo and thought that, ata push, for smaller games that the SST floorplans would make semi decent gaming mats to play across with scenery added. I know they're not 6 by 4, but you could use them for smaller area squad on squad engagements. What does anyone else think?

2) My local Travelling Man in Bristol has gotten in a load of Ziterdes scenery (www.ziterdes.de) to try and sell alongside BF:Evo. Is their stuff any good? Will it fit in with the 28mm BF:E figs? HAs anyone else bought any of their stuff? The main UK distributor appears to be http://www.simpleminiaturegames.com

(I know, I know, I should build and paint my own, but I can never seem to find the time to paint, as my 'Carlsberg' fleet od ACTA will testify to.)

3) I'm trying something here to reduce post count and increase visibility of this thread. I started it in Modelling and Painting, but once I've posted I'll move it to BF:Evo area BUT (Here's the science bit) I'll leave a shadow topic here in Modelling and Painting so that the thread is visible from M&P but when clicked on, it should, I hope, link over to the thread's actual location in BF:E. Confused? Me too, just let me know if it works.

Thanks

LBH

EDIT : THe 3rd bit seems to have worked, it's visible from both forum areas, but lives only in BF:E. Don't try this at home kids, you need mod powers to do it. :lol:

well if you can afford to go for it.

its easy robust and doese the job and is light weight good for demos.

you can spend more than yopu need making your own at times with failed exsperiments and such.

I know you've seen the very stuff I'm speaking of in t'Man Evil, my main concern is that the scale is right, I can judge aesthetics by myself, but I don't trust my eye for scale, being a noob to minis gaming actually using minis :lol:

LBH

Funnily enough I bought some today. I got the pipeline set (Straight pipe, curved pipe and diving pipe). It needed some extra painting done but looks just dandy with the figs. I'll post some shots tomorrow.

G.

Back on topic, if you look here, http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/gallery/player_series.php?qsSeries=26# 2nd picture down on the right, 'Bug Attack', that is a Ziterdes fort.

But Ted is watching all of us :shock:

Thanks for the advice guys, I picked up the following today:

AT-43 Acessory Set 2

One of the claspy bits was fouling one of the container doors from closing so it snapped off after a little ignorance, but the door shuts fine. No idea what to use the nanogenerators for though.

One of each of the following from Zitredes:
This
And this
One of these
And one of these

I also think that I have one of these being kept back for me at my FLGS

But i could be wrong

I basically emptied Bristol Travelling Man of all scenery. Droped >£100 in there, but used a £20 voucher. And I still have VaS and that scenery to pick up.

I like the emplacement I got, I'll need to see about picking up some of the other bunkers that Ziterdes do, the Advanced Rulebook seems to mention emplacements in some scenarios.

ANd Evil and I will be demoing BF:Evo in the Bristol Travelling Man in 2 weeks, that's Saturday the 3rd of MArch, from 1200 till 1700 hours Zulu

LBH

As I said I picked up a load of Ziterdes stuff, just wondering if anyone could recommend some coating to give it to stopp it 'dusting' that won't spoil the nice stoney/concretey/cementy look it has

LBH

That'll stop the dust getting all over the place, but I was looking for a coating that would stop it falling off in the first place, something along the lines of a Mmatt varnish/lacquer/hairspray...????

Anyone any ideas?

LBH

are they falling apart already ?

if not then dont bother

if they are then stop rubbing yourself with them you daft scotsman

Back