Behind the Claw - Now in Stock!

Baldo said:
No problem, I'm not worried at all (thanks for your fast email too :D ), but this raises a point: I'm fully willing to pay extra money for a Tracking Number™, why Mongoose can't use tracked mail for orders? :?

Good question. The answer is that, up to now, we have never needed to. Every once in a while something may get delayed or go missing in the post, but it is a once in a blue moon event. The service provided by the Royal Mail is fast and good value, to the extent that before the virus (and Brexit, that one probably has ended the dream) we were hoping to move our free shipping service to everywhere in the world. This virus has hammered shipping across the world and businesses were just not prepared for it.

As things stand, shipping is 'patchy'. We recorded a parcel to Australia the other day as taking just 10 days to reach its destination, which is brilliant, all things considered - at the same time, we have seen two weeks to a European country as the current 'normal'. This, incidentally, is why I am not hugely worried about European orders of Behind the Claw, as I really do think they have just been delayed beyond the old norm.

Now, the thing that does concern me are the UK shipments. Most of you received your copies within just a couple of days, but all those who have reported non-arrivals in the UK all just happened to be in the same mail sack when it left our building - which kinda suggests someone has 'lost' the entire sack (or it is in the back of a van somewhere, I have heard of such things happening from our local Postie). If that is you, do not panic - we already know who you are and once we get restocked on Behind the Claw (should be early next week), another copy will be going out to you.

A bit wordy, I apologise, but hopefully that explains what is going on right now!

MongooseMatt said:
Now, the thing that does concern me are the UK shipments. Most of you received your copies within just a couple of days, but all those who have reported non-arrivals in the UK all just happened to be in the same mail sack when it left our building - which kinda suggests someone has 'lost' the entire sack (or it is in the back of a van somewhere, I have heard of such things happening from our local Postie). If that is you, do not panic - we already know who you are and once we get restocked on Behind the Claw (should be early next week), another copy will be going out to you.

Father Christmas nabed it to spread the Traveller joy around.

MongooseMatt said:

A bit wordy, I apologise, but hopefully that explains what is going on right now!

Thanks for the update. It does suggest a sack left to one side.

Greysword said:
Awesome! I pre-ordered a copy from my FLGS yesterday, so this announcement is good timing.

Matt, is there a way to buy a second copy of the map, so I don't need to take it out of the book?

- Chris

My FLGS order (in the USA) just arrived today and I was able to pick it up. This is a heavy book! :D

I had them order High Guard at the same time, but that's still yet to arrive. No worries though.

I just wanted to pass this on as a data point and to thank Matt and team for a great tome!

- Chris

I'm also waiting for my copy here in germany. Considering corona I will still wait a bit and hope it arrives :D

Hello Mongoose,

I haven’t received a response to my emails about Beyond the Claw. I paid for it during the Element Cruiser crowdfunding campaign.

I have been sending my emails to
msprange@mongoosepublishing.com
if this is not correct please direct me to a better email.

I have not received either acknowledgement that my emails have been received nor have I received the PDF/ebook while awaiting the physical book.

Thanks

CryAxe said:
I have not received either acknowledgement that my emails have been received nor have I received the PDF/ebook while awaiting the physical book.

Not sure what happened there, have just sent you an email!

Sorry, I’m not sure why you don’t seem to be receiving my emails and I am not receiving your emails. I double checked and my email listed here is correct and they aren’t going to junk mail.

Is your email account functioning properly? I have no way of contacting you outside of these forums or through Kickstarter messages and comments.

CryAxe said:
Sorry, I’m not sure why you don’t seem to be receiving my emails and I am not receiving your emails. I double checked and my email listed here is correct and they aren’t going to junk mail.

Okay, that is very strange.

I am sending you another mail with a different subject line.

Could you also please send emails to these two addresses, asking them to be forwarded to me:

sthirache@mongoosepublishing.com
cgregory@mongoosepublishing.com

We will get to the bottom of this!

Received, we have communication!

You should be getting an email to confirm your postal address (just in case). As soon as we have that, we will get you sorted!

Just to confirm to anyone, if you are waiting for your Behind the Claw, it is just about to be picked up by Postie!

Thanks for the help. Turns out my email had somehow blocked you. Apologies for the confusion.

MongooseMatt said:
Just to confirm to anyone, if you are waiting for your Behind the Claw, it is just about to be picked up by Postie!

And arrived today, thank you. The included poster maps are very nice.

I downloaded the updates today, and while the maps are clearer, the errors that are fixed in the hardcopy are still there in the PDF - see 0605 Algebastor and the line artifact at 0805 Narval on the Spinward Marches map as examples.
(BTW the physical maps are great! I'm glad you decided to go with two maps and not a double-side map)

So, is it time to worry yet..? I per-ordered the book and still haven’t received it. How about other Swedish Travellers, have you guys gotten yours yet?

Back