Battletech using Traveller

I'm really looking forward to civilian and military vehicles because I'm thinking to trying to convert the old battletech rpgs to Traveller. Anyone have any suggestions for me when I get started on the crunchy mech stuff?

Got High Guard (and I've been looking at the ability of it to handle Dropships, Jumpships and full Warships).

Merc is on the list for next pay check.

Central Supply is currently en route (blasted slow mail)

Compiled a list of factions/powers, and Mechs of the Era I'm planning on setting the game. Right now I'm just collecting the fluff for things. In a few weeks I'm hoping to get started on the crunchy stuff.

Still need to get a list together of Aerospace Fighters and Ships (BTech Ships appear to be massive).

I'm personally hopeful that the Military Vehicles book will address Walkers/Mechs in some format.

No-one jump down my throat about realism issues, I just love them and think they would be a great addition for YTU, if not "core" games.

thepugilist said:
I'm personally hopeful that the Military Vehicles book will address Walkers/Mechs in some format.

Both Civilian Vehicles and Military Vehicles include some.

Has anyone checked out the quick Start rules for the new BattleTech RPG that's out soon? It has some concepts similar to MGT (attributes above a certian level give a bonus to related skill rolls, for example)

As for converting ships to Traveller, the detailed stats and construction rules BattleTech has inherently give you a lot of material to start with. TechManual has the current construciton rules for 'Mechs, Combat Vehicles, support Vehicles, Battlearmour, fighters, Shuttles, and DropShips, while Strategic Operations has the rules for JumpShips, WarShips and Space Stations.

I've looked over the quickstart and asked about it on the classic battletech forums and the new RPG they have coming out is designed so that mech combat uses the full miniature game (have to pick up those books).

So I'm here looking to convert it to Traveller.

Back