battlefield evoulution

zlatan said:
did i i forgot sorry my memories like a goldfish :lol:

No worries :D Reqular feeling for me.

Waiting forward to this as well. Not sure I will start it(atleast initially) since I'll be busy buying SST models but will be interested to hear about it.

yes the tanks look amazing i havent spent alot on starship troopers so i will be able to jump ship quite easy but that has always inticed me modern warfare and now mongoose create a minatures game on it they have one happy customer thank you mongoose

And at least it's only a 4 month wait (depends if they are released on the first or the last day of januari)

Me and a friend will look into them.

This sort of game is something I have been waiting for.

Pre-painted, cards and a good set of rules.
Finally I can consecrate time on scenery.

If I could wait 10 days for the announcement, I can wait a week to see more stuff from BF Evolution.

I don't know why, but at the moment that game appeals more to me than STT.

S

human_target said:
I don't know why, but at the moment that game appeals more to me than STT.

S

I feel the same way. I think that a good near future game could have more diversity and depth than a sci-fi game. Think of all the conflicts that are going on right now, and extrapolate that 10+ years in the future and you have lots of senerio possibilites that your average informed person can identify with.

Don't get me wrong, SST has lots of depth, but it is all fluff that has to be created. For BF Evo the fluff is what we are living right now.

Joe
Lost in WV.

What I like (do mind we don't know how the factions will be represented) is the fact that everything will be quite balanced as opposed to shooty and/or close combat oriented games.

That's what did it for me also in SST: always being able to shoot even when being charged.

I assume the battleground will be Earth.
So we will have big nations and I've already chosen my side (the European side that is).

Ground vehicles, air assets, infantry....I do hope we will have enough from the start on.
Saving my money right away!

Mr Sprange, what can we do to promote that game?

s

human_target said:
I assume the battleground will be Earth.
So we will have big nations and I've already chosen my side (the European side that is).

Well, as has been said - as they use the same rules there's nothing to stop you hauling your European forces off across the galaxy to shoot some bugs (maybe through some kind of strange ring-shaped device)

zlatan said:
yes but with tanks and aircraft the bugs will get demolished hahaha :twisted:

You would think so :)

On the other hand the points ought to match up nicely too - if a tank has equivalent firepower to a Marauder, it ought to cost about the same (if more, it'll cost more). If aircraft are roughly equivalent to a TAC fighter, they would cost the same too.

It ought to all stay nicely in balance - you might take a couple of tanks, but your opponent may well have a couple of plasma or tanker bugs for the same price - or a ton of Blister Bugs all spitting acid that eats through the armour...

ah good poin tbut i still think the men would win with shear firepower because in the air phase u can bring the planes down to bomb the plasmas but yet it would be equal in points but i still think they have the upper hand :D

I wqill not pretend to answer for mr. Sprange, but go back and read the announcement.

I would guess that with four armies or factions Mongoose will follow the same pattern they have stated for SST Evo.

One new unit box per army per month unless I miss my guess.

Perhaps some sort of major unit for the initial month that would give a core 500 point force available for one army. Likely to release four such major units.

The initial release is pure guesswork on my part. Follow each month with one new PPM unit per army.

That makes sense to me. :D :D

ok thanks for the reply but it syas one new release per faction per month under the starship troopers so i presumed it would just mean starship troopers not battlefield evoloution

zlatan said:
ok thanks for the reply but it syas one new release per faction per month under the starship troopers so i presumed it would just mean starship troopers not battlefield evoloution

They both follow the same pattern.

In January, for BF Evo, you can expect to see;

EFTF British Army Infantry Section
EFTF British Army Challenger 2
MEA Infantry Squad
MEA Hilux Trucks
USXF USMC Infantry Squad
USXF USMC M1A2 Abrams
PLA Infantry Squad
PLA Type 99 MBT

In February;

EFTF British Army Infantry Command Section (with Warrior)
MEA Fedayeen Squad
USXF USMC Shadow RST-V
PLA WZ-551 IFV

In March;

EFTF British Army SAS Patrol
MEA 2S6 Tunguska
USXF USMC Force Recon Team
PLA Infantry Command Squad (with WZ-506)

And then things get really interesting - Future lynx, TY-90s, the French Foreign Legion and many, many more!

Back