battlefield evoulution

Are we maybe going to be able to see some comanche helicopters?
I know you said set +5-10 years, in the future, and they seem like they fit the bill (even if the project was canceled).

OK, so 5-10 years in the future. How much of the units are based on current technology, experimental/proposed(Javelin,Exo-skeletons,anti-missile lasers) and sci-fi(power armor, invisability, UFO tech based aircraft)?

This is a long shot, but what about the chances of branding this with the Jane's or Tom Clancy label?

Sgt. Brassones said:
what about the chances of branding this with the Jane's or Tom Clancy label?
Cha-ching!

And besides, if Tom clancy were to attach his name to it america would always have to win :D

hey matt if youve got any questions on combat . i did two really combat tours in iraq , in the infantry . so if you need to know how effective some weapons are, ask away.

zlatan said:
so april the aircraft will be coming out

Take another look at the release data Matt's posted - there's no aircraft in April, but the Muslim tank is a AAA Battery, suggesting the aircraft will be out soon after.

Lorcan Nagle said:
zlatan said:

Take another look at the release data Matt's posted - there's no aircraft in April, but the Muslim tank is a AAA Battery, suggesting the aircraft will be out soon after.

Release date Matt posted covered january-march stopping before april :wink:

Just dropping in to throw out a question I havn't seen yet. Is BF:Evo going to have all the spiffy experemental weapons and gear or are you sticking to more grounded technology?

hi mate,
in the playtester group we have a lot of people with military experience or connections, I think you will be suprise as to the accuracy of the game, as well as the playability.

Barry

Lorcan Nagle said:
zlatan said:

MEA - Middle Eastern Alliance! _Not_ Muslims!

msprange said:
Lorcan Nagle said:
zlatan said:

MEA - Middle Eastern Alliance! _Not_ Muslims!

I reserve the right to be horribly politically incorrect when playing this game with my friends! :lol:

msprange said:
In January, for BF Evo, you can expect to see;

EFTF British Army Infantry Section
EFTF British Army Challenger 2
MEA Infantry Squad
MEA Hilux Trucks
USXF USMC Infantry Squad
USXF USMC M1A2 Abrams
PLA Infantry Squad
PLA Type 99 MBT

In February;

EFTF British Army Infantry Command Section (with Warrior)
MEA Fedayeen Squad
USXF USMC Shadow RST-V
PLA WZ-551 IFV

In March;

EFTF British Army SAS Patrol
MEA 2S6 Tunguska
USXF USMC Force Recon Team
PLA Infantry Command Squad (with WZ-506)

And then things get really interesting - Future lynx, TY-90s, the French Foreign Legion and many, many more!

OK I have a question. Will B:Evo simply be a rules set to allow us to play historical/hypothetical conflicts?
Or will it be a game with a political backstory set 10 years from now?

The middle eastern forces certainly just appear to be based on Iraqi insurgents where say a unified Arab League army would have Russian built tanks rather than hilux trucks etc

That's an interesting question, Penguin.

It's a possibility that they're setting it up so we can do scenarios like Sgt. Smith's battle at Baghdad International Airport....especially with the Fedayeen....

Take a peeky at these hilux trucks.
http://www.brian894x4.com/MilitaryTacoma.html

yeah I'm just a little worried cos MEA sounds like a superstate but is armed like a militia.
I'd like for the militia to be kept but MEA idea dropped OR MEA gets a proper military. Syria, Egypt etc have some amount of hardware

Well, let's take a look at the militaries, right:

Tanks first:
Saudi Arabia: In 1990 Saudi Arabia placed an order for 315 M1A2 Abrams.

Egypt: Egypt obtained US approval in 1984 to build a factory to produce new tanks. Under the initial agreement, the Egyptians would assemble 524 M1A1 tanks, and Egyptian officials hoped that this number would eventually rise to 1,500 tanks.

Syria: Syria has a significant quantity of armor numbering some 4,700 tanks, though 1,200 are placed in static defensive positions and another 2,000 are T-55s and T-62s. Syria does however have some 1,700 T-72/72Ms.

Bahrain: Principal armored weapons are M-60A3 main battle tanks purchased from the United States in the late 1980s.

Iran: The T-72Z Safir-74, Tosan Light Tank, and the Zulfiqar

Jordan: Umm...US equipment...I think.

I'm just a bit worried that the military might of the middle east will be reduced to mujahedeen in trucks......
Some Russian tanks will definitely be needed

I would hope we get to see them in the later releases as well.

I do prefer having a faction that plays differently, so the initial releases work well for me - guys with loads of cheaper vehicles as opposed to having four factions composed of just an infantry unit and a tank. If it is just a case of the armour coming later I think that works perfectly as you get something that plays differently on day one without having to "cheapen" the faction as a whole over the longer-term.

Hiromoon said:
True. I doubt they won't include a T-90 or something

T-90...Now those bring me warm memories from my Steel Panthers 2/3 days :D Nothing like running over your friends army with Russian army led by some T-90's...

(until American M1A2 Abrams comes along to ruin my fun :lol: )

Heh....

All that said, the various nations of the Middle East use a variety of equipment, ranging from old Soviet Block stuff (T-72, AK-47) to Modern US weapons (M1A1 Abrams tanks, M-16s) to domestically developed weapon systems (IDF's Merkava MBT for example). What would an Alliance of these countries field?

tneva82 said:
Hiromoon said:
True. I doubt they won't include a T-90 or something

T-90...Now those bring me warm memories from my Steel Panthers 2/3 days :D Nothing like running over your friends army with Russian army led by some T-90's...

(until American M1A2 Abrams comes along to ruin my fun :lol: )

No way the Abrams/Challengers/Merkavas were the best in that game! :D

Back