Battlefield Evolution Crossovers

Zee Zee

Mongoose
I was wondering Matt,if we are going to get some nice sets of Modern forces obviousy U.S.British,French Russian etc,with SST compatible rules,are there any other Sci Fi universe's you are looking at getting the licenses that these would be useful for.Two that come to mind are the new series of DR Who(with the really scary Daleks and cool looking Cybermen) and Stargate SG1(mind you the licence for this one could be a bitch Eureka minatures got into all kinds of a mess with this one).

Also has anyone noticed that your LAMI figures for SST are wearing the same uniforms as the Feds in Firefly TV Series.

Zee Zee said:
Also has anyone noticed that your LAMI figures for SST are wearing the same uniforms as the Feds in Firefly TV Series.

Has anyone else noticed that the Feds in Firefly are wearing the same uniforms as the the troops in the FREAKING STARSHIP TROOPERS movies?!

(on a side note, there's an entire forum section dedicated to talking about what we think mongoose should publish next)

If you watch the movie with commentary on (if you can tolerate the perpetual fawning over Jos Whedon by actors desperate for another job). He tells you about buying nearly everything from SST, including the moritas :)

That's funny, because they did the same thing in Imposter. The beginning has some footage from SST spliced in and then all of the Earth security force troopers are all fully kitted out in SST gear...minus the Morita. Instead of those, they had I think some kind of bullpup assault rifle.

dyssnowman said:
That's funny, because they did the same thing in Imposter. The beginning has some footage from SST spliced in and then all of the Earth security force troopers are all fully kitted out in SST gear...minus the Morita. Instead of those, they had I think some kind of bullpup assault rifle.
Probably a converted movie morita, they where bullpup too :wink:
Oh and this reminds me, I have to go rent Firefly, I've seen Serenity btw, fun movie but how do they keep that ship in one piece??!? :lol:

Mage said:
I heard those outfits were used in Power Rangers as well....
Yep infact, I managed to glance at the tv and then stopped doing what I was doing while they were on screen and completly ignored the power rangers and wierd bad guys, the guys also had the motion trackers from the Aliens movie :)

If you look carefully in Firefly you will notice they using Standard British Army L85 Weapons,which have appeared in Battlestar Galactica along with the Austrian Streyr.

As to the side note,I am Aware of the other Forum D'errr,but was merely asking if they were possible as ad on to the Battlefield Evolution games as opposed to seperate game systems.

dyssnowman said:

Impostor is quite a good movie, I liked it

Zee Zee said:
If you look carefully in Firefly you will notice they using Standard British Army L85 Weapons,which have appeared in Battlestar Galactica along with the Austrian Streyr.

I remember seeing the L85s all right! And uzis, will have to rewatch it to catch the steyrs though!

emperorpenguin said:
dyssnowman said:

Philip K Dick writes some twisted stories! Admittedly they are mostly short stories, but they have been made into some good movies.

dyssnowman said:

Philip K Dick writes some twisted stories! Admittedly they are mostly short stories, but they have been made into some good movies.[/quote]

well he was quite a twisted man! Remember listening to a radio biography about him on BBC4, he had an unhealthy desire for his mother I recall...

emperorpenguin said:
dyssnowman said:

Philip K Dick writes some twisted stories! Admittedly they are mostly short stories, but they have been made into some good movies.

well he was quite a twisted man! Remember listening to a radio biography about him on BBC4, he had an unhealthy desire for his mother I recall...
*Shudders*
No wonder everyone I know says he's twisted :shock:

Been reading the SST RPG book The United Citizen's Federation.

Anyways, reading about the Disorders and the wars prior to them got me thinking about another opportunity for Mongoose with BF Evo.

Come out with a campaign book for BF Evo that takes place up to 40 years in the future. Factions being Russio-Anglo Alliance (US, Britian, Russia and probably Canada and Australia), European Alliance (pretty much the rest of Europe), and the Chinese Hegemony (China and whomever else was absorbed into the Hegemony, India, Japan, Korea, etc.). In the book, list some of the current BF Evo models with some higher tech upgrades, and even release a few modified models (tanks with different turrets) to reflect advanced upgrades to existing platforms.

Back