Battlefield Evo: my only concern

dyssnowman

Mongoose
I am really excited about this game, BUT (you knew that was coming, didn't you?) I am a little worried about the sculpts. The pre-paints that we have seen look great, but the only actual people were the LAMI, which were IMO the best human sculpts Mongoose has released. Then there is the GoMC-1 plastic gangers and the skinnie slaves, both of which are quite horrendous.

Out of curiosity, which are the BF: Evo minis going to resemble more? And is there any possibility of seeing a green of one of them sometime soon?

The GoMC-1 gangers look good IMO. They are based off comic book style humans, not real life. So they are pretty good renditions. The BF:evo stuff should be well done, I'm sure this is gonna be Matt's baby so they WILL be good quality. I just hope I'm right.

my only concern is

?Where are the russians !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want a army of russians

grrrrrrrrrrr

stuf the chineese, they dont have enough transport to feed there troops on an invasion so there purly a threat defence army.

I'm sure Russians will become available.
I'm also sure Stalingrad will be made soon, Matt keeps hinting it, so I'm pretty damned sure.

I think Koreans are more important than russians in these modern times anyway.

Actually the Chinese army have good short range offensive possibilities- moire so than the Russians. The North Koreans are more of a threat (54,00 dead American servicemen in the first month of a second war is anticipated.) but cant get around the world.

The current forces you're gonna get in the beginning are:

Euro Force Task Force
United States Expeditionary Force
People's Liberation Army
Middle Eastern Alliance

For Russians it should be a simple matter of getting some Chinese infantry and do some slight alterations to them...unless they've gone with the latest Chinese assault rifle:
type95rifle1a.jpg

If this is the case, then you'll have to use MEA infantry and the MEA Tank.

MEA rock so much in BFE! They have to be my favourite.

Russians might possibly be partly represented by the Euro Task Force - this is in 5-10 years after all.

Hiromoon said:
Hey an AUG! *cough*morita proto*cough*, erm sorry :oops: got a cough :p .

Is there going to be any chance of Australian, or even anzac? If not you'll be seeing some brits or lami converted up,
aug.png

rico's roughnecks said:
Hey an AUG! *cough*morita proto*cough*, erm sorry :oops: got a cough :p .

Is there going to be any chance of Australian, or even anzac? If not you'll be seeing some brits or lami converted up,
aug.png

well I know some Irish gamers who'll be happy to see steyrs so they can model Irish troops. The Garda are heavily recruiting ethnic chinese so maybe the army will too! :lol:

emperorpenguin said:
well I know some Irish gamers who'll be happy to see steyrs so they can model Irish troops. The Garda are heavily recruiting ethnic chinese so maybe the army will too! :lol:
Cool, if there is no chance in seeing the likes of aussies in BFE, I'll be making some :)

rico's roughnecks said:
emperorpenguin said:
Cool, if there is no chance in seeing the likes of aussies in BFE, I'll be making some :)

well you can use the SAS as the Aussie SAS, they train together, use the same equipment etc

emperorpenguin said:
rico's roughnecks said:
emperorpenguin said:

well you can use the SAS as the Aussie SAS, they train together, use the same equipment etc
OK cool sounds like a good idea :wink: , now I'm off to work on my colony table 8)

The Type 95 rifle does look alot like an Aug....but then again, you could easilly claim the chinese have been copying their equipment from other nations.

Or you cold get some 28mm Australian / New Zealand Soldier models:

100KSM02.jpg

Mine are on order now :D

Just need to repaint the cammo on the M1A1 & LAV to match.

Cammo_Green said:
Or you cold get some 28mm Australian / New Zealand Soldier models:

100KSM02.jpg

Mine are on order now :D

Just need to repaint the cammo on the M1A1 & LAV to match.

Camo! Where did you order 'em from? Tell me! Please!

Anyhow, I'm still sour about there not being any swededs in here :evil:
C'mon, we have one of the best AT guns, the AK4 is one of the most reliable assault rifles in the world (I think). Nah, I'll get into converting something.

Any ideas as what might make a good base for swedish troops and guns?

Those aussie troopers look like Eureka miniatures (an Australian company) I think, I'm not certain though. :?

bunkerboi said:
Those aussie troopers look like Eureka miniatures (an Australian company) I think, I'm not certain though. :?

Yes, those are Eureka's, they also stock US Marines, 80's Soviet Troops in NBC suits, NATO frogmen and 'Musorians' (extra credit if non-Australians can say who those guys are ;) )

Cheers

Derek

Kristovich said:
the AK4 is one of the most reliable assault rifles in the world

Uhh, its really unaccurate. I know it doesnt matter with an automatic weapon, but theres better automatics in the world today.

Rob_alderman said:
Kristovich said:
the AK4 is one of the most reliable assault rifles in the world

Uhh, its really unaccurate. I know it doesnt matter with an automatic weapon, but theres better automatics in the world today.

like the AG-3 us Norwegians use? : P pheer the 7.62 bullet : P

btw 30 mm is gona be huge. . im not going to be able to use my 6 mm modern i see : P

Back