B5 games linkage

Zeph

Mongoose
Howdy all...

I haven't played the B5 RPG yet (i.e. please forgive a newbie question) but have played the Call to Arms (CTA) game and really like that. I'm about to buy the RPG to give it a go but have a question I'm hoping some of the veterans here can help me out with first. I think that I've seen mention of space combat in the RPG setting. I'm wondering how that compares to the CTA game. Is it a vaguely similar system (if any similarity at all)? Would it be feasible to try and integrate CTA and the RPG into an overall campaign utilizing both games?

Also, is there any need to try to integrate CTA with the RPG? In other words, is the system used by the RPG the best option for having fun resolving space combat? I just know I really like CTA game and augmenting the RPG with it would seem to be a neat idea.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

the RPG space combat is seriously abstract compared to ACTA. its a pencil and paper system, not a mini system.

Chern

If you were playing a fleet commander I suppose you might end up in a large space battle, inwhich case, yes, I suppose you and the GM could play CTA to resolve it.

While running B5 RPG I have on a few occasions turned to ACTA in order to resolve ship to ship combat. Breaks up the game for a short while but the players have enjoyed it when I have done so.

Eryx said:
While running B5 RPG I have on a few occasions turned to ACTA in order to resolve ship to ship combat. Breaks up the game for a short while but the players have enjoyed it when I have done so.

That's kinda what I'm talking about. Not necessarily using it to resolve single ship to ship combat but taking the player and making him part of an overall battle (many ships) somewhere that has some bearing on the RPG storyline.

Thanks for the comments yall.

There were some minor rules for integrating RPG PCs into ACTA battles at the rear of Rulebook 1 in the Original Box Set but I don't think they're in the Revised box set.

LBH

Back