Atlantean edition vs. !st printing

A

Anonymous

I had a couple of questions regarding the Atlantean version. I'm just wondering why i should have to spend another $50.00 for information that should have been offered for free or at the least a pdf download for $5.00 $10.00. I dont think its very fare to loyal followers of conan who plan on spending money for more of your products as it is. Please let me know if you think this is a reasonable question. :shock:

Since I was not affected by the first printing, I haven't really followed the Sons of Cimmeria or anything else relating to 1st ed problems, so I'll leave this one for the others.

However, I'd like to point out that Grimwolf is either:

1. Someone new to the forums with a genuine question.

OR

2. A troll.

In either case, I suggest some civil responses directing Grimwolf to the answers to his questions, and then letting the thread drop.

Sable Wyvern,
Hoping to avoid the nearly inevitable flames to come.

Hi! New kid on the boards (me). I just bought both of them (Atlantean and "old" eddition) so that I (the DM) can use the atlantean eddition, and the players can use the old eddition. That way I can keep my atlantean ed. away from the destructive hands of my players. :D
I also read that one could get a special discount on the Atlantean ed., could anyone else clarify?

Here you go:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1606

In effect, if you have the 1st printing, you can gt the second printing for $27, including postage.

grimwolf said:
I had a couple of questions regarding the Atlantean version. I'm just wondering why i should have to spend another $50.00 for information that should have been offered for free or at the least a pdf download for $5.00 $10.00. I dont think its very fare to loyal followers of conan who plan on spending money for more of your products as it is. Please let me know if you think this is a reasonable question. :shock:

There is a free .pdf download of the significant changes made in the Atlantean edition on this very site. Have a look.

In any case, the Atlantean edition isn't a neccessity. I'm going to get it anyway so I have two books to speed up things and so that the players can use the old edition while I use the new one, much like The Evil Wizard is doing.

Two of us in our group of 5 have the old edition. We are ordering the Atlantean edition at the substantial discount offered, and selling our old books to two of the other players for £5.

Since we ordered together, we pay less post, and so the new book including postage is only £15 each.

Which, in effect, means I am paying a grand total of £10 for my new book.

Bargain! And there will be plenty of books to go around on game nights.

:) Hey all thanks for all the feed back, I'm new to the forums an wasnt sure how to put my question. I appreciate the link and info.

Yep, Mongoose F'ed up, and they more the adequately fixed the problem IMO. The Sons of Cimmeria program was excellent, and I personally don't know of that many companies out there that would go the extra step in taking care of their customers like theu did for CONAN 1st ed.

..................................Omote
FPQ

Back