AT-43 minis pictures.

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
Industrial Lurker said:
The.... "undeady things" look fairly decent IMO: very stylish and lethal looking if nothing else.

Though they be boned if they ever get an itch :lol:

Very weak in execution IMHO. Compare them to and of the Confrontation Undead of Acheron or the Alchemists of Dirz.

Poor sculpts, and the pre-paint job is nasty.

I saww these in person. I played the game, it was at colours. If any of you who came could be arsed to wander into the hall the UKCord Tourney was in, you'd know I was in there.
The minis are good, extremely good sculpts. The paintjobs arent bad for someone who is gonna play from the pack. You CAN repaint them.
I have a Mid-Nor dwarf army for confrontation, their sculpts have only ever upset me for having too MUCH detail.
The game is decent, for mass battle. The small demo there was guff.

I can imagine a clever wargamer gal (there are a few) with her hair up in a bun, held together with one of the spikey aliens stuck into it :lol: . Also, if I ever played with these, I'd make sure that if it was a floor game I'd make the players play in their socks as a warning to not step on the minis :wink: .

BuShips said:
I can imagine a clever wargamer gal (there are a few) with her hair up in a bun, held together with one of the spikey aliens stuck into it :lol: . Also, if I ever played with these, I'd make sure that if it was a floor game I'd make the players play in their socks as a warning to not step on the minis :wink: .

Aren't they made of softer plastic?

If its rigid styrene, there are going to be a lot of broken deady things.

I've been trying to figure out what they reminded me off.. anyone see Titan AE the animated film? Those alien robot things really remind me of them.

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
I have a Cynwall Elf Force and an Ophidian Force for Confrontation (don't like Ragnarok),

I don't know why you don't like Rag'narok and I haven't played it myself (even though I did buy it). But in the latest issue of Cry Havoc (12) they published the complete (ok, without ) magicpreview version of Rag'narok 2. The new version is based completely on the Conf 3 system so I'll be looking into it now.

Ludo

witteridderludo said:
Lieutenant Rasczak said:
I have a Cynwall Elf Force and an Ophidian Force for Confrontation (don't like Ragnarok),

I don't know why you don't like Rag'narok and I haven't played it myself (even though I did buy it). But in the latest issue of Cry Havoc (12) they published the complete (ok, without ) magicpreview version of Rag'narok 2. The new version is based completely on the Conf 3 system so I'll be looking into it now.

Ludo

The whole counter/card thing that works so very well for Confrontation, just got in the way for me when Playing Ragnarok. It just doesn't work for me thats all, I'll stick to Confrontation - I'm happy with those rules.

Well having tried Rag all I cna say is dont. OK, many elements are cool but the whole thing is just....so....slow....that.....you.....cant....wait.....for...it....to....finish. It really bogs down, just isnt very interesting. Though the backround book with it is the sexiest gaming product ever. If Mongoose could get those production values.....

Lieutenant Rasczak said:
JoseDominguez said:
I've been trying to figure out what they reminded me off.. anyone see Titan AE the animated film? Those alien robot things really remind me of them.

The "Drej", yes - they are very similar.

Yuppers, that was also what they reminded me of, a bit.

Here are some DEFINITIVE pics from AT-43's line of prepaited models:

eclate-s.jpg

firetoad-s.jpg
steeltropper-leader-s.jpg
steeltrooper-s.jpg
rocketlauncher-s.jpg

WRAITH-s.jpg
stormgolem-s.jpg
stormgolemalpha-s.jpg
sonicgun-s.jpg

I'll admit that they're not bad... If BF:EVO and SST:Evo are at that level or better, I' SOLD!

The Therians look like Necrons that someone decided to James Bond (overly elaborate) Execute with a Zippo lighter.

I like the artwork on the site. I'm probably jumping the gun a bit. I'll wait for the release before I make up my mind fully.

i think im at the very least getting the models, but if the rules suck, well then its time to convert them over to sst rules, along wit all the 40k armies out there and anything else even remotely cool lol. they do look awesome though, nt a fan of prepaints myself but u can always paint over so whats the harm.

Back